• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Cuber

MethicSkull

Hi there,

I'm new to both the forum and cubing in general. I don't even know how to solve a cube. I do got this cool cube from a friend, I don't know the name of it but it is cool how it got no stickers but it is still colored on each side.

I'm hoping to learn how to solve a cube and do it fast.

I'm a musician and computer nerd.

umm Don't know what else to put

MethicSkull

Any good videos you recommend? I know how to solve half the cube. Well... 2/3 of it.

ps your avatar. i see that same symbol on my cube in black and also see some chinese markings

Last edited:

cubelover111

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi there,

I do got this cool cube from a friend, I don't know the name of it but it is cool how it got no stickers but it is still colored on each side.

umm Don't know what else to put

It is a stickerless Dayan Cube and in my opinion you should learn F2L from the start (if you can) this you wont have to waste your time in transition from LBL to F2L. And also dont fix a side for your cross make it on any side which is the easiest to begin with.

MethicSkull

he did mention something that sounded like chi in the name. Ill ask him tomorrow. ill look up badmephisto now on a different tab

MethicSkull

It is a stickerless Dayan Cube and in my opinion you should learn F2L from the start (if you can) this you wont have to waste your time in transition from LBL to F2L. And also dont fix a side for your cross make it on any side which is the easiest to begin with.

wat is f2l?

Zyrb

WCA
2010BRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
F2L is one of the advanced methods of solving the rubik's cube. There are many other methods you should look into including Roux, ZZ, ZB, Petrus and many others.
F2L is by far the most commonly used, but not necessarily the best.

Reprobate

Welcome! I learned F2L from badmephisto's videos. It can be confusing, but don't rush it. pause and back up if you don't understand a certain point. I was very frustrated for about a day trying to figure it out, but once it clicks it's second nature.

MethicSkull

gotcha

how come everytime i try to do the alg for cross on top layer that it never makes a cross. just a dot or L

Last edited by a moderator:

Reprobate

If there's just a dot, that alg should get you 3 squares in an L shape. Put those in the upper left corner, redo the alg, and that should get you a horizontal line. Do the alg one more time, and that should get you a cross. I guess it's better to see pictures, but that's the idea.