Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Cuber

Dan is funny. and thnx, i got the cross

I like pixelguy's videos on youtube. They worked best for me because they were made for his kid. A bit of caution: watching these videos helped me learn the movements without paying attention to the terminology; because I wanted to increase my speed I wound up having to go back and actually pay attention to what I was doing. I don't have a problem with this, but many would say it slowed the process down.

well i just solved it for the first time with the video help. I need to do by memory now. right?

Hello. Take your time is the best advise I can give you. I have been learning for the last 3 weeks how to solve. I started using badmephisto's vids (also his website has handy print outs and a good step by step what to learn) and did layer by layer. I learned a new algorithm every day, sometimes two and now I can solve sub 2 mins using f2l. I know this is not fast by most standards but I think considering only 3 weeks ago I couldn't solve it at all it's pretty good

Good luck
    Jule

well i just learned the beginners method completely . finished my solve without help in over 3 1 /2 minutes

Congratulations.

thnx, i finally understand f2l. i just need to figure out how to do it and practice it.

Ah ah, that feeling you get the first time to put your cube back to it's initial solved state! You'll learn the algs, it seems like a big mountain at first, but once you understand the mechanics of the cube, it'll be a lot easier. Just play with it and practice... And have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by MethicSkull View Post
    he did mention something that sounded like chi in the name. Ill ask him tomorrow. ill look up badmephisto now on a different tab
    That'd be a ZhanChi. Is your friend into cubing? I'm pretty sure the 5.66 sec WR was set on one of these cubes, but the stickered kind.

YouTube
    Theunsungone

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjdes View Post

That'd be a ZhanChi. Is your friend into cubing? I'm pretty sure the 5.66 sec WR was set on one of these cubes, but the stickered kind.
    Yes the 5.66 WR was set on a stickered Dayan Zhanchi.
    PB(1, 5, 12, 100) 3x3 - CFOP 18.79, 28.25, 28.50, 31.82 Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjdes View Post
    Ah ah, that feeling you get the first time to put your cube back to it's initial solved state! You'll learn the algs, it seems like a big mountain at first, but once you understand the mechanics of the cube, it'll be a lot easier. Just play with it and practice... And have fun!

yea it is a zhanchi. he told yesterday . he i better than me, he does alot of 10 sec solves and literally has over a hundred cubes o.O he is giving me alot of tips which allowed me to understand the f2l method alot.