Page 242 of 642 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 252 292 342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 6416

Thread: "What cube should I get?" The Puzzle Choice Thread

YouTube
    Apoplectic1

I'd say get just a DaYan Zhanchi, that way you can break it in easier if you want, mod it easier if you want (I'd assume trying to dremel a lubed cube makes things harder with it slipping out of your hands, etc.), then lube it with whatever you want (why get a Lubix one if you prefer silicone?).

Quote Originally Posted by CoryThigpen View Post
    I will never buy another Lubix cube. The one they sent me was so tight I couldn't even do a double flick with it.
    Lol really? Mine was extremely loose (I tried pulling on the sides to see what the tension was like and pulled out 3 pieces together on one side lol). It was also gummy at first (it was over lubed, but that is typicaly, and actually good imo). It just needed some breaking in and was excellent. However, I am not entirely sure it was worth the price.

IMO you are almost guaranteed a good quality cube and job done, however the cost isn't worth it (like I said, imo). You can get a cheaper cube and lube it yourself, just takes a bit more time (you can also mod if you wish). Basically it comes down to how valuable your time is / how concerned you are with the cost...
    PBs Cubing since: Jan 15, 2012. Also enjoy Starcraft II and Chess.

WCA Profile
    2012ELLI01
    YouTube
    crazyninja300

Dayan Zhanchi. If you're new, go with the toolbox cube. Do the mods yourself, it's good practice.
    1/5/12/100 3x3: 5.81/8.16/8.86/9.75 3x3OH: 8.08/12.20/13.03/14.55
    RUR'U' and I know it.

I am looking for a 3x3 that is fas but has bad corner cutting so i can get more accurate with my turning.
    Any suggestions?

WCA Profile
    2010ATAK01
    YouTube
    Speedsolve

Dont get the zhanchis, they really suck and they always pop
    I am the holder of the 3rd prototype lubix elite.

Wow - lots of divergent opinions on this one.

I have both - the Lubix and non-Lubix Zhanchi. The Lubix was "pre-tensioned" and, of course lubricated. It really is much better than my original Zhanchi, which is still quite excellent, but now feeling its age - gummy and sluggish. I was VERY impressed with the Lubix Zhanchi after being more than satisfied with my first Zhanchi. I only bought the second to have a "spare" in case something happened -- but it's now become my main cube.

I suspect any Zhanchi that is properly cleaned, tensioned and lubricated will be excellent. However, it takes some know-how to properly tension and lubricate the cube - thus the advantage (and extra cost) of the Lubix version.
    Sub 45' and improving

WCA Profile
    2012KLIN02
    YouTube
    speedcubingman

I agree with Datak, in my opinion you should buy a dayan guhong v2, and get lubix to lube it. in my opinion (i have a zhanchi and a guhong v2) the guhong v2s are a lot better. but get a white cube, i had a black one and i have a white one and yea, the white one is better. if you buy a reg. dayan guhong v2, and buy like 2cc of lubix, then its like the same price than on lubix, but on lubix they don't give you extra lube so its better to get a v2 in my opinion and not from lubix but use lubix or silicube and it will rock. but if you really want a zhanchi then dont get it from lubix. oh and yea you need to see if there is a post already like yours be4 you post. hope i helped.
    If you are reading this, then you are awesome. 3x3 average: 25.54 3x3 pb: 17.73

WCA Profile
    2011KULC01
    YouTube
    EricKulchycki

Quote Originally Posted by Datak View Post
    Dont get the zhanchis, they really suck and they always pop
    NOOOO!!! i hate you.
    I live in Canada, I literally have to warm up before I cube :)

YouTube
    Apoplectic1

I'm looking to get a megaminx, preferably a tiled one. Any suggestions?

Banned

MF8 V2