• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hi! ;)

arcio1

WCA
2012KRIS12
YouTube
Visit Channel
I forgot to introduce myself so... hi! :D
My name is Artur, I'm 16 and I'm from Poland. I am solving cubes for few years, but I started to learn fridrich method a few days before march. My PB at 3x3 is about 34 seconds but my average is about 50 seconds. I have a 'Rubik's Cube' cube. I have big cubes too. My collection is:
3x3 RC, I will be solving it 'till I'm sub-20, then I will buy ZhanChi
4x4 RC but I don't like to solve it because it is turning bad, I can't even use fingertricks and what's more I don't like parity :p
5x5 RC I like to solve it but it isn't very good, when I will have money, I will buy ShengShou
Megaminx MF8, bought recently, I love to solve it :p

Except solving cubes I like to ride a bike, on average 70-80 kilometers per day, if someone is interested, I have Merida Matts 10-V. I like to play the piano, too, I have been doing it for about 8-9 years but I learn without any teachers ;) I like programming, too.

If you have any questions, feel free ;)

Last edited:

ThomasJE

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi.
Don't wait until a set time to get a new cube, get it ASAP. Using a storebought just promotes bad habits. I got my Zhanchi when I was averaging around 45 seconds. Parity is just part of big cube solving; you'll just have to get used to it. Good luck!

arcio1

WCA
2012KRIS12
YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe if I buy better 4x4 I will like to solve it, but for now I hate it.
In Polish forum (http://kostkarubika.org/forum if someone is interested) people keep talking that the RC cube is good for begginers because you learn not to cut turns and when you get sth like ZhanChi it won't pop and lock. So now I don't know what to do because you told me to buy it ASAP and people in Polish forum told me to wait for sub20 :p

Last edited:

ThomasJE

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I think that I will use my RC for now, because I think that it is no point to buy ZhanChi and then tighten the tension so that it would work like RC :p

It wouldn't work like an RC, it would be faster, corner cuts a bit, and isn't uncontrollable.

Reprobate

Hi! I've seen you post in the forum competitions. I'm slower than you, but I use a Zhanchi myself, and my times have been improving just because it turns so well. My 4x4 is pretty bad, too, but I love solving it, and big cube theory. I have a whole set of Shengshou 4x4 - 7x7 cubes on the way, and the cost was pretty reasonable compared to other hobbies (including cycling!)

I don't know if you've seen them, but they build Serotta racing bicycles here in Saratoga where I live.

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
Zhanchi is great. bought my first one a week after started cubing. I loved it so much, I bought another .... and right now, Ihave 2more on the way... the DIY and silk. Im a zhanchi freak... the cube takes so getting use to if you only used a storebought cube. When I First used it, I lost control of the cube like 5 times in a row. occasionally I still do.