Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dayan Zhanchi Extremely Slow and hard to move

Angry Dayan Zhanchi Extremely Slow and hard to move

I just got my Zhanchi a week ago, and it was AMAZING out of the box. It moved effortlessly and smoothly. Now, after applying silicone and retensioning and playing with it a bit, its harder to move than my rubiks brand cube. Also, it doesnt cut corners greater than 30 degrees without locking or popping. HELP!
    Last edited by wazman; 04-07-2012 at 09:31 PM.

WCA Profile
    2011GRAY02
    YouTube
    JonnyWhoopes

Did you assemble it correctly? What kind of silicone? From a can? If not, high or low viscosity? Did you tighten the cube, or loosen it? Was it lubed previously? If so, what with?

We can't really help you unless we know the situation. As much as we'd like to be sometimes, we aren't mind-readers.
    Last edited by JonnyWhoopes; 04-07-2012 at 09:58 PM.

WCA Profile
    2008VELJ01
    YouTube
    sv00013

Quote Originally Posted by wazman View Post
    I just got my Zhanchi a week ago, and it was AMAZING out of the box. It moved effortlessly and smoothly. Now, after applying silicone and retensioning and playing with it a bit, its harder to move than my rubiks brand cube. HELP!
    It's probably just the tension. Did you just apply the silicone and leave the cube? From my experience, I always apply and start turning the cube right away so that it can start spreading through all the parts. Maybe try washing the parts and try again.
    The wiki! read the FAQ and forum rules. Very useful resources. Post your efforts. Solve blindfolded. Introduce yourself! BB code - Compete! - Ask a question!

WCA Profile
    2012HJIN01
    YouTube
    GuhongMaster1398

I just got my Zhanchi a week ago, and it was AMAZING out of the box. It moved effortlessly and smoothly. Now, after applying silicone and retensioning and playing with it a bit, its harder to move than my rubiks brand cube. Also, it doesnt cut corners greater than 30 degrees without locking or popping. HELP!
    This is exactly what happened to my ZhanChi, the first time I used it, it was godly, but a few weeks later it turned really bad, someone told me to clean the cube and then adjust the tension, so that night I took all the pieces apart (including screws and springs) cleaned them lubed each individual piece with silicon spray and reassembled it, it was back to godly.. but then I found out that the screws were too loosed cause it kept popping so I tightened it, a day later it was the same thing again, really hard to turn... so I dissassembled the cube ENTIRELY ( including the edge and corner pieces ) put them in each individual bag and ordered a lubix Zhanchi and lubix lube, when it arrives, I'm going to reassemble my Zhanchi with the proper tutorial and hope my Zhanchi becomes godly again..
    3x3 PB/5/12/100: 7.86/10.11/11.04/12.41

When I first applied the lube, i started turning it right away, did 5-6 solves. It came pre assembled, and it was godly. The silicone was from a can and low viscosity. it wasn't lubed previously. I loosened the cube until the point it started popping, then tightened it a bit more than that. No matter how loose it is, its always hard to move.

Okay, so i took it all apart and washed every piece and put it back together. It is a bit better, but nowhere near as good as stock.

WCA Profile
    2011LUEV01
    YouTube
    insane569

When I first applied the lube, i started turning it right away, did 5-6 solves. It came pre assembled, and it was godly. The silicone was from a can and low viscosity. it wasn't lubed previously. I loosened the cube until the point it started popping, then tightened it a bit more than that. No matter how loose it is, its always hard to move.

Okay, so i took it all apart and washed every piece and put it back together. It is a bit better, but nowhere near as good as stock.
    Might be a defect on the plastic. Check to make sure all the pieces are assembled correctly.
    Why you reading this bro?

WCA Profile
    2013KUNK01

Yeah, Zhanchis have a tendency to become not as good as they were. I usually get some success in cleaning them out.

To be totally honest though, I simply sold it to a friend and just bought a fusion instead. Didn't have to worry about anything because it was already done.

But thats just what I did, Zhanchis are good cubes, so don't be discouraged by my story. They do however, require maintenance, just like all things special. So it is important to keep them well lubed, cleaned, and tensioned properly if you want perfection from it. It can't give you perfection if you don't give it any attention.
    3x3 PBs: Single: 15.13 Ao5: 19.52 OH: 38.79
    [3BLD: 3:09.51] [5x5: 3:21.12] [2x2: 1.56] [4x4: 1:34.28]

I thing the problem is in the silicone spray, Is 100 % silicone or just 3 in 1 stuff ?

From my experience i use 3 in 1 silicone spray before and it mess up the internal specially a cube like zhanchi that have 3 piece put together as corner aqnd 2 piece for edge it is easier to mess up and make it slower more easily, Even a pure silicone spray also can make up cube to slow down since slicone can act like a glue and make a cube mess up inside. Try to change to lubix or something (just my experience at least)

Have fun

WCA Profile
    2012ELLI01
    YouTube
    crazyninja300

I've found that my friend's Zhanchis are terrible also, so what I'd recommend doing is completely cleaning the cube out, lubing the core with Lubix, and break it in for ~1000 solves. That should get rid of any factory defects, and also loosen the cube a little. Also, I'd look into how well the screws are screwed in. If they're rather crooked, then try and straighten them as much as possible.
    3x3: 1/5/12/100 5.81/8.16/9.25/9.97 3x3OH: 8.48/12.52/13.54/15.46
    RUR'U' and I know it.

Buy a Cube4You core and screws and put them in your ZhanChi.
    I've heard that it improves a lot. I will be doing this soon.