• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing Capitals?

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
The only thing that keeps going and wanting to do better is actually my low self esteem. All my life, I've been picked on and harrassed just because I like to do something others can't. I played trumpet for 7 years and I was considered the best at all 3 of my schools by teachers even though I was always told by my peers that I sucked even though my musical range was far more superior than theirs; I was even told by my own mother I will get nowhere in life with music and now she is saying the same thing about my cube. Many people call me stupid even though I get straight A's. Even though I feel down 90% of the time, doing the things I love keeps me going and now, I want to be the best at them.

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
At school it probably because they are jealous because they are useless, boring, and stupid people. When my parents say guitar and cubing will get you nowhere I just say that sitting on their fat ass watching a TV screen for hours a day will sure get them far in life.

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
At school it probably because they are jealous because they are useless, boring, and stupid people. When my parents say guitar and cubing will get you nowhere I just say that sitting on their fat ass watching a TV screen for hours a day will sure get them far in life.

My case is different though. Both of my parents are very successful, Dad being a former marine working for government and mother being former Navy with 5 degrees working as Secretary. I know how to play 10 different intruments, very beast at Blackops and have no job. I'll excell in many areas and I'll be told I'm not doing good enough.

JonnyWhoopes

Premium Member
WCA
2011GRAY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
If anything, living around here has encouraged me to try harder. And besides, you should focus more on beating your own times rather than beating others' times.

Yes, I'm aware of the concept of self competition. I was just pointing out the futility of me trying to become the best.

And about living around here, it's pushed me to become better at other things. At one point, I was averaging just around a minute in BLD. I also try to push myself to become overall good at things. I'm globally sub20 in around 5 methods, I've achieved sub15 avg12 in three, and sub13 avg12 in my main. I figure that since I suck at speedsolving, I might as well be kinda decent in lots of other things.

::EDIT:: Lol, I just read my post. It sounds pretty much like a "look at me" post.

Last edited: