• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing Capitals?

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
I never been to a competition before but I do notice different people's locations next to their fforum name to be in similar places. Me living in Florida and looking at the top ten ranking list for Florida, I notice my time to be better than 1 or 2 of them; giving me the obvious conclusion that not many competitive cubers live around me. I am just wondering, what are known as the cubing capitals of the world? Fact or opinions, doesn't matter.

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Judging from this map: http://www.cubingusa.com/cubers.php

I would say the Northeast US is America's cubing capitol. On the front page of CubingUSA, there's a list of upcoming competitions, and most of the time it seems like half of them are in Connecticut, NY, Rhode Island, New Jersey, and Massachusetts.

I'm not sure about other places, but the San Francisco general area seems to be a great place for a cuber too because of all the Berkley and Stanford competitions.

Since the coming of Feliks, Melbourne has definitely become a cubing hotspot, and they now have the Melbourne winter's and summer comps, plus more.

I don't really know much about Europe so I can't say anything.

MirzaCubing

WCA
2011MIRZ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Northeast US is extremely competitive. Even with 16 second averages you'll be lucky to get into round 2 (Btw, that's not always true but in competitions like MIT it's common)
Pretty much each country in Asia has at least 10 sub-12 cubers so that's medium-ish competition
Melbourne, Australia is packed with cubers
I've noticed in Europe that the Netherlands, Germany, France, and UK have quite a good line up of cubers, plus people like Giovanni and Paolo from Italy.

Cool Frog

I never been to a competition before but I do notice different people's locations next to their fforum name to be in similar places. Me living in Florida and looking at the top ten ranking list for Florida, I notice my time to be better than 1 or 2 of them; giving me the obvious conclusion that not many competitive cubers live around me. I am just wondering, what are known as the cubing capitals of the world? Fact or opinions, doesn't matter.

Where in Florida are you? (I am in Florida too)

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
Judging from this map: http://www.cubingusa.com/cubers.php

I would say the Northeast US is America's cubing capitol. On the front page of CubingUSA, there's a list of upcoming competitions, and most of the time it seems like half of them are in Connecticut, NY, Rhode Island, New Jersey, and Massachusetts.

I'm not sure about other places, but the San Francisco general area seems to be a great place for a cuber too because of all the Berkley and Stanford competitions.

Since the coming of Feliks, Melbourne has definitely become a cubing hotspot, and they now have the Melbourne winter's and summer comps, plus more.

I don't really know much about Europe so I can't say anything.

I guess there should be more uprising cubers that make a difference then in new locations. I'll try to be one of them :D For the southeast lol I'll need alot of practice.

Where in Florida are you? (I am in Florida too)

I live in J-VILLE. The northeast. Largest landmass city in the US. Top10 sized in world.