• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New cube simulation software - testers needed

TheFex

Edit: Another thing is the notation. On 3x3x3, I think using M, E, and S, would be better than "1R2, 1L, 1B' " type moves. Also, instead of 2F, 2F', and 2F2 on 3x3 scramble notation, you should use B, B', and B2 respectively. Same with how you use 2U, 2U', and 2U2 instead of D, D', and D2. On the moves you have done to the cube, it is fine, but the scramble notation is kind of weird. Wide turns would also be nice to add.

Allright, I've made a few changes to the input mechanism. The WCA scrambler works for all cubes I've tested.
http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/regulations/scrambles/scramble_cube.htm

You can paste a scramble into the TextBox and hit ENTER to execute it. I think it works for all cubes up till 11x11.
Make sure you set the correct cube orientation before. :)

I'll work on the other stuff you mentioned such as the middle slices.

cubeflip

WCA
2009HAMO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I use a Mac, and silverlight downloaded and installed correctly. I re-opened the site and opened up Silverlight preferences to allow "3D Graphics...", but that option isn't there. In fact, there are no options under the "Permissions" tab. Any help?

TheFex

I use a Mac, and silverlight downloaded and installed correctly. I re-opened the site and opened up Silverlight preferences to allow "3D Graphics...", but that option isn't there. In fact, there are no options under the "Permissions" tab. Any help?

I'm sorry for all you Mac users. Unfortunately this app doesn't work on Mac. It has been created using Microsoft software for the Microsoft platform. I'm not sure if Microsoft plans to add the 3D capabilities to Silverlight for Mac, let's hope they do.

TheFex

Allrighty,

I've been working hard on the cube notation and discovered a few bugs in there. All of those should be fixed now, I have also added support for lower-case (inner slices) and wide turns (e.g. Fw').
Other than that, I've added the ability to set a custom color scheme and "Big Stickers".

Check it out :)

TheFex

There should be a tool window called "Colors" in the bottom left. If it's not, it might be out of sight. Try to zoom your browser to 75%.

Sillas

YouTube
Visit Channel
Screen_5.png

It seems to me very familiar. I don't know why...

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
[replacing myself in an average noob user who wants to try it out]

* goes to link
* waits long to load something that apparently is kind of a burn on your computer
* reads something about changing some permissions....
* tries a bit... fails and can't find the thing
* "meh not gonna try it"

[/replacing myself in an average noob user who wants to try it out]

TheFex

[replacing myself in an average noob user who wants to try it out]

* goes to link
* waits long to load something that apparently is kind of a burn on your computer
* reads something about changing some permissions....
* tries a bit... fails and can't find the thing
* "meh not gonna try it"

[/replacing myself in an average noob user who wants to try it out]

Too bad Erik, I was really interested in your comments. You probably have a Mac, otherwise ... well ... :)

TheFex

One of the things that I really wanted to do, was have the ability to choose your own stickers. CubeKing now has a feature that allows you to browse for exactly 6 texture images that will be projected on each side of the cube.
The big challenge here was to calculate all UV coordinates based on the dimensions of the cube.

Does anyone have a good source for cube textures?

Check out this awesome kratos cube :p
GodOfWarCube.jpg

aaronb

So, it's not letting me zoom in or out. I have a decent screen resolution, 1366x768. But the little cube in the bottom left get in the way of the "Color" settings. It would help if you moved the cube a bit to the right, so it is in between the settings bar and the list of controls.

Other than that, I've liked all the changes you've made. I would like to see controls for the Back, Left, and Down faces, but other those 2 things, I don't see any changes I would like to see.