• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Oh, hello! I didn't see you in the midst of all this chaos.

monkeytherat

Hello, world! I've been cubing on and off for a while now and lurking without an account, so I decided I might as well make one. So here I am... But why should you care? Allow me to explain...

First off, I'm no amazing speedcuber, and I have no illusions that I am. My PB on 3x3 is 22.3s and I average around 35.9s, 2x2 PB is 4.4 and I average 8.3, and magic PBB is 1.8 and 2.4 average. As far as big cubes go, I can solve them, but my times are monstrous and probably will explode some heads if I post them, so I won't.

I have a lot of patience when it comes to tedious tasks like putting together a 6x6 or stickering big cubes, I can memorize algorithms easily if I happen to not be too lazy to actually take the time to do it, and I hope to one day learn how to solve cuboids and get a whole bunch to rule the world with.

I also want to get into cube-modding, though I have no clue where to web start with that, and am eager to learn new and interesting things about the world of cubes.

As far as not-speedcubin goes, I'm learning guitar, can pretend to play the piano, and try to play chess when I can. For sports, I'm mostly into martial arts, mostly BJJ, but also don't mind soccer. When it comes to games, I prefer board games to video games, but rarely have people to play with, and when I do, there usually isn't enough time. When I do play video games, though, I prefer RPGs (including MMOs) and, of course, Minecraft (but who doesn't like Minecraft?). I enjoy reading books, mostly in the sci-fi / fantasy genre, but if a book is written well, I will probably enjoy it regardless. When it comes to music, Classic and Hard Rock and Metal are my Genres of choice with classical music close on the preference-o-meter.

I'm an amateur video game designer and write short songs to practice guitar, but those usually die out of memory shortly after an hour of not playing it.

In conclusion, I am a rat named Monkey who likes all the best things in the world, and you should care because if you don't, ninja zombies will eat your brain :)

monkeytherat

Coolio! Welcome! Nice intro. For 3x3 and 2x2, what method do you use?

For 3x3, I use CFOP with 4LLL and I use Ortega for 2x2, but if I ever get around to it, I plan on learning OFOTA fr 2x2 and CFL for 3x3

Your alright! What metal bands do you listen to?

Mostly older stuff like Megadeth, Ozzy, Metallica, Iron Maiden, etc; but also some newer bands like A7x.

I know it's only been an hour, but I'm surprised that I haven't seen more responses on this. Seriously, this is an epic introduction. Welcome to the forums!

Why, thank you, fellow cuber! And thanks a second time for your second thank-deserving comment :D

Welcome! Be sure to check out the wiki if you haven't already.

By way of quite an extraordinary coincidence, I have chanced to meander about the wiki, but I suppose I will continue to do so for quite some time to come.

monkeytherat

Nice introduction, welcome :)

Thank you, kind cuber.

TMBG reference in signature = awesome.

Here I thought no one else knew about them :)

I have 2 rats. Op is a pretty cool guy.

Thank you! What are your rats names?

Hi, read my signature for some useful links, even though you might already know most of them. Have fun!

Thank you for the welcome and again for the links.