• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which timer do you use for your iPhone?

4EverCuber

WCA
2012WATA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was using CubeTimer by Ingeneroapps after I saw Cameron Brown promoting it. But I found it to be quite buggy at the time and so I sought out other apps. None seemed to have the features i was looking for as until I stumbled upon iiTimer by Dan Cohen. I haven't looked back since. I know that CubeTimer has had an update recently but I still like the UI of iiTimer that I can't see myself going back.

Just wanted to know what others were using?

cubeone

sc timer. I don't have iiTimer and it does seem better, however, I'm pretty sure sc timer is free and for the low cost of nothing, it sure has a lot of good features.

RaresB

Premium Member
WCA
2011BOST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Too bad the pirated version is quite old and is full of nasty bugs that I fixed :p

i pirated it, but as i said you were a nice guy and its like 1.99 or something and as a developer i know that it takes some time to make these, especially with apples standards, so yea i PAID FOR IT IN THE END :) which is what matter

IngeneroiOS

YouTube
Visit Channel
Gee, thanks all for the huge support. If CubeTimer were quite buggy, give it a try again; hopefully all the issues have been fixed, and there are a few new features you may like. Also, UI wise - if you like the plain black and white of iiTimer, you can set the background colour and buttons to black in the in-app settings - the end result is quite close. Plus, CubeTimer has a fair few extra features over and above iiTimer. If I may ask without seeming rude, what attracted you (initial poster) to iiTimer over CubeTimer? Sorry, Mr. Cohen, just trying to make a great app - competition is healthy.

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry, Mr. Cohen, just trying to make a great app - competition is healthy.

No harm, no foul. I just made iiTimer originally for myself because there wasn't an app on the iPad that worked the way I'd want to use it. Each person has their own preference, and I'm sure there plenty of better ideas that could be implemented into an iOS timer that another developer could put out there.

IngeneroiOS

YouTube
Visit Channel
No harm, no foul. I just made iiTimer originally for myself because there wasn't an app on the iPad that worked the way I'd want to use it. Each person has their own preference, and I'm sure there plenty of better ideas that could be implemented into an iOS timer that another developer could put out there.

Similar thing with myself actually - a friend wanted a cube timer, and couldn't find any decent ones on the App Store (iiTimer didn't show up; you may want to look at what keywords you have for search). Eventually, it gathered enough features that I thought I may as well release it, and I've basically added features from there (I'm particularly proud of the iPad version, which was a nightmare to code. Handling all cancelled UITouches... painful when they don't behave).