• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Konsta Mod] ShengShou 4x4 solution to internal lock-ups

Hunter

YouTube
Visit Channel
I finished my mod last night, and I first put it together it was way worse than before I started.

After a little lube, some breaking in and a re-tension it made a huge transformation, and it is now much better than before!

I am thinking now about sanding some open areas on the 4 corners of each face like my ZhanChi to give it a little reverse corner cutting.

samchoochiu

WCA
2010CHIU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I did the konsta and florian mod then tighten the cube ALL the way, and I loved it.
I still like it but I noticed that after a week of use (did about 100 solves total) its starting to lock up more.
Anyone else experiencing this?

KingTim96

WCA
2012SPIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
idk about you, but i only did the florian mod and the cube has gne to crap, it locks up, even POPS, and feel all scratchy and like there is something holding it back. i wana tighten it. (and this may sound stupid) but idk how to tighten it because there are no center caps so it just looks weird. any help?
I did the konsta and florian mod then tighten the cube ALL the way, and I loved it.
I still like it but I noticed that after a week of use (did about 100 solves total) its starting to lock up more.
Anyone else experiencing this?

yoshinator

WCA
2011HUTN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
idk about you, but i only did the florian mod and the cube has gne to crap, it locks up, even POPS, and feel all scratchy and like there is something holding it back. i wana tighten it. (and this may sound stupid) but idk how to tighten it because there are no center caps so it just looks weird. any help?

Just tighten the screws on the core.

maxyso

well sounds like you only did the konsta, no florian? am i right cuz the mod you wanted to do shud be part of florian mod, which should also be done.

maxyso

I did the Konsta mod and did not do the Florian mod, my cube feels just as good as a ShengShou with both mods.

well i did both and it feels good. some people say konsta only makes 3x3 stage horrible and konsta said he assumed florian was already done.

NSKuber

WCA
2011OBLA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, yesterday I spent all day modding my SS 4x4(actual modding time is ~4 hours I think, but there were many breaks). I did Florian's and Konsta's mods. Lubed the core with Lubix and assembled. And was like WTF WHY IS IT SO FAST EVEN IF I TIGHTEN IT SO MUCH THAT IT DOESN'T CUT CORNERS. Really, it's super fast, too fast. After I put Lubix it became bit better, but still I need time to get used to it. Almost no lock-ups. And few attempts of some algs:
PLL parity(l2 U2 l2 Uw2 l2 Uw2) - 0.86
H-Perm - 0.88
T-Perm - 1.03(I think I can do sub-1, just was unlucky yesterday)
6 RURU's - 1.41
OLL Parity 2.33.
In total: AWESOME mods. Do it if you want to have fastest 4x4 in the world.

Stingray970

Well, if you're doing the Konsta mod, you might as well take the time to do Florian as well as you already have the modding materials.

Andri Maulana

WCA
2011SYAH02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Finished this mod yesterday, WITHOUT Florian's mod.

First thought, the cube became a bit loose so i need to retension it. The outer layer turn faster, almost no lockup.

I haven't encounter any internal lockup yet, but sometimes got external lockup. Maybe i should try florian mod too

Overall, this mod definitely worth to do. It reduces internal lockup that you got when perform pll parity or h-perm.

WCA
2012TOWE01
I did similiar to the above, I did some of the florian although I didn't have much time to do the edges, cube is very nice, very few lockups and still pretty fast, corner cutting could be better which is why I'm intending to finish the florian sometime.

Any tips for how much I should sand off the edges?

How to stop shengshou V4 inner layer lockups?

Im not sure how to stop inner layer lock ups, could anyone direct me to a mod or a picture of what to mod?

JAMtron

SS 4x4 solution to internal lock-ups

I was also wondering how this mod works on the SS V4

waka waka waka