• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

N8W8 Summer 2012

Crazycubemom

WCA
2007OEYM01
Congrats to all the winners.

Big thanks to Geert and Laure for a nice competition with a great venue, and Big KISS to my Endless Idol : Lars Vandenbergh <3

DYK :

* Belgium has a new young and beauty cuber and she is very fast: Sarah Willemart.

* Was nice to meet The UK team :) I vote The UK team is The Nicest team.

* LOL when Maarten explained me how his E perm: when he said U and I turned U' hahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh <3 you Maarten.

* I forgot E perm and YES E perm <3 me ( 3 times @ the first round)

* I'm beat my husband @ 2x2 and NOW OUR average is Equal : 8.98 sec :)

* I broke my 3x3x3 avg with 0.03 sec :) next competition must be better.

Thank you to all for a nice competition.

Endgame

ok then

DYK:

* I got the wrong cube in the first round of 222
* Team Netherlands is Team Best
* Niek Kamalian has the most annoying first name (and attitude sometimes)

nevermind, I suck at making these

brunovervoort

WCA
2011VERV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
DYK:
my first DKY
almost 25% of 3x3 competitors didn't show up :(
No Belgian in any podium (GO Belgium!!!)
My fifth 3x3 podium in a row :D
Finally a consitent 5x5 avg (yeah!) after beating my pb with 20 seconds, SD of 9 secs etc...
Somebody almost caused Mats to DNF his 31.02 solve :eek:
DNF, +2 and pll skip in one avg :p (never had DNF and +2 before at 3x3)
Hold your breath during the (only 3x3 is recommended, big cubes are risky) solve and you won't stress that much :D
Team Netherlands wins

so thats all I can say.

And of course thanks to Geert, his gf and Lars for this awesome competition :)

Last edited:

brunovervoort

WCA
2011VERV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What happened? :eek:

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

So Mats did the 31.02 solve, and the judge only wrote his own name down, and forgot to mention the time of the solve on the sheet.
I think the scramblers noticed just in time that the time was missing, and someone else already had to do his solve on the same timer, and he almost resetted the 31.02. So they called the judge back and he wrote the time down -almost too late-.

EDIT: I think his name was Jonathan Mauroy.

Last edited:

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
So Mats did the 31.02 solve, and the gudge only wrote his own name down, and forgot to mention the time of the solve on the sheet.
I think the scramblers noticed just in time that the time was missing, and someone else already had to do his solve on the same timer, and he almost resetted the 31.02. So they called the gudge back and he wrote the time down -almost too late-.

EDIT: I think his name was Jonathan Mauroy.
No, it was Clint. He told me that he got so impressed by Mats' solve that he totally forgot to write the time down.

And yes, it would have been an extra rather than a DNF.

Geert

Premium Member
WCA
2010BICL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
And yes, it would have been an extra rather than a DNF.

what about:
A7c) The competitor is responsible for checking the result on the sheet, immediately after the judge has written it down.
I guess this rule implies that the time already has to be written down... for which the Judge is responsible (A7b).

Karl C

WCA
2011CHOI01
Hey, was a really good Competition, thanks Geert!:)
Choi brothers: Any idea when your father is going to upload the video of the finals and also is there any chance you can send it to me. I plan to reconstruct them.
Finally uploaded it:) I can send it to you, too:)

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
what about:
A7c) The competitor is responsible for checking the result on the sheet, immediately after the judge has written it down.
I guess this rule implies that the time already has to be written down... for which the Judge is responsible (A7b).
I agree. If the judge doesn't write anything, A7c) doesn't apply at all, it's the judge and only him who breaks the procedure, not the competitor.