Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Solution to mf8 + Dayan 4x4 core stripping?

WCA Profile
    2011KULC01
    YouTube
    EricKulchycki

Quote Originally Posted by pjk View Post
    As for the underlying cause, it is probably due to weak threading on the core (cheap plastic probably).
    My guess is that the core has very small threads in it. Thats how my water bottle cap striped, and it was metal.
    I live in Canada, I literally have to warm up before I cube :)

YouTube
    pdilla

Alright so, results.

After inserting the C4U core, I initially was pleased by the sold grip the core had on the screws. There was no way any stripping was going to happen.

But, after inserting the 2x2 corners and edges, it became apparent that the C4U core is doesn't fit! If you all recall, the screws sandwich the 2x2 edges and corners between the center pieces and the core itself, so if the core isn't exactly the same size, it seems as though the 2x2 pieces will not be snug enough no matter how tightly I tightened the screws.

So all in all, the C4U core, while being an awesome candidate for killing the core stripping problem, fails due to size issues.

I'm going to order one of the newer Dayan cores (the cream colored one), due to it's seemingly denser make up and similar size to the old Dayan core.

Updates will follow.
    Last edited by pdilla; 04-03-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    The most inconsistent and lucky cuber on the planet... me...
    6.01 (lukky) // 7.99 (fullstep) // 9.61 Ao5 // 11.07 Ao12 // 15.90 Ao100

WCA Profile
    2010CHIU01
    YouTube
    samchoochiu

some times its the screw and not the core. For example I have always wondered why my haiyan memory always gets its core stripped, I changed cores 4 times until once I decided to change the screw. This fixed the problem. Even the old cores that I replaced worked fine with the new screw

YouTube
    pdilla

Well, if the core stripping persists, then I know that the problem isn't the core, but the fact that the C4U core held firmly for the short time that I had kept it in, suggests to me that the screws aren't the issue. That, and my mini Dayan+mf8 had this same problem using completely different screws but the same kind of Dayan core.

But I will keep that in mind for future troubleshooting. Thanks.
    The most inconsistent and lucky cuber on the planet... me...
    6.01 (lukky) // 7.99 (fullstep) // 9.61 Ao5 // 11.07 Ao12 // 15.90 Ao100

YouTube
    wytefury

Hey just gonna let you know, all you need to do with the c4u core is dremel it down just a tad and itll work fine. It sounds kind of weird but yeah. It takes like 5 mins tops too, so give it a try if the other cores you try don't fit either.
    Last edited by wytefury; 04-07-2012 at 05:55 PM.