• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Additional spoiler BBCode options

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Brest came up with a good idea for a BBCode feature and I have added it to the forum. You can now create this:

yay!

by typing this:

[noparse]
yay!
[/noparse]

[noparse][/noparse] will still work the same as always.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been using these labeled spoilers and like them a lot, but they don't work for me in tapatalk. Two examples copied&pasted from tapatalk documentation:

Simple spoiler
Spoiler with a title

The first one works, but the second one doesn't and even shows me my bbcode source:

jzfy45.png

Last edited:

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Also, spoilers (with or without label) don't work in the mobile style (choose the style in the lower left corner of the page or go to m.speedsolving.com). In the sense that they look correct when closed, but clicking the "Show" button does nothing.

Last edited:

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks. Though... I just realized maybe noone reported it before because (almost) noone uses tapatalk or the mobile style? Do you have statistics about their usage?

I rarely ever use them myself, but I often post spoilers in the "Odd WCA Stats" thread and was just trying to make them work properly for mobile.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Thanks. Though... I just realized maybe noone reported it before because (almost) noone uses tapatalk or the mobile style? Do you have statistics about their usage?
You'd be surprised I think. Mobile is taking the internet by storm. I do have stats on pretty much everything - 30% of traffic to the site is now through mobile. I'm trying to move away from Tapatalk as I think there are better options. However, since I currently do all of the backend technical work of the site myself, things take longer to implement.

By the way, if anyone reading this has a technical background and is interested in developing speedsolving.com, please send me a PM.