• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Moves are for n00bs 2012

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm organizing another (small) competition on August 25 and 26 in Enschede, the Netherlands. Main focus of this competition is FMC! (probably 6 attempts if you make the finals!)
Such a competition just screams for an awesome name like 'Thinktank FMC' or whatever. Due to my ability of being not-original I was hoping you could help a little bit.

Also: you are more than welcome to give some tips for the competition. On saturday-evening there will be the possibility to stay in the (small) venue until about midnight and have a chat and drink with everyone!

I'm still trying to arrange some group-sleeping accommodation for little money. People from far away might be invited to my house ;-)

EDIT: REGISTRATION IS OPEN: http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/...MovesN00bs2012

Last edited:

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
My fail-attempts at being original:
Movecount 2012
How Low Can You Go
Fancy Moves
Moves 2012
Show me your moves
Frikkies Mega Competion
Frikkies Mental Challenge
Frikkies Mega Challenge
Frikkies Move Challence
Frikkies Magic Challence (Do NOT have magic as side event but have Rob do some magic tricks)
Or something along these lines

BTW: Do you already know which “side” events you’re doing?
Apart from 3x3x3 to please the local crowd you might do some brainy stuff like BLD

mycube

WCA
2011FRES01
What about 'Brain Challenge 2012'? Then you could do BLD(and maybe 4x4, 5x5 BLD) as sideevent ;)
Other ideas:
Fewest Moves Championship 2012
Fewest Moves 2012
FMC 2012
FMC-Skills 2012
Enschede Open 2012 - Fewest Moves

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Apart from 3x3x3 to please the local crowd you might do some brainy stuff like BLD
I think 6 hours of fmc is enough to kill most people's brains off...I'd rather just concentrate on the fmc, because I know what happens when people try to do bld with a tired brain (e.g. 5bld at Euros 2010)
I really hope I make it there, and I'll compete in whatever side events there are. Clock is always nice :)

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As side event there will of course be 3x3. The chances of having a BLD event are kinda small!
Don't know about the rest. The events do not necessarily have to be official. I'm thinking about stuff like:

TeamBLD
Pyraminx (everyone loves Pyraminx)
Head2head FMC (it's fun, will explain later)
etc

Cubenovice: err no, I'm not seeking a huge number of competitors. Limit will probably be 30, but it would certainly be nice to have some people who don't think it's a big deal if they don't make the finals. It would suck if for example Okayama would come and we all find good stuff in the first round and he would not make the finals (of course this is not very likely but you get the idea)

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My fail-attempts at being original:
Movecount 2012
How Low Can You Go
Fancy Moves
Moves 2012
Show me your moves
Frikkies Mega Competion
Frikkies Mental Challenge
Frikkies Mega Challenge
Frikkies Move Challence
Frikkies Magic Challence (Do NOT have magic as side event but have Rob do some magic tricks)
Or something along these lines

Man I thought I was going to be all original but you beat me to it. :C

By far the best submission thus far.

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for suggestions guys!
Personally I like 'Moves are for n00bs' :p but no name is picked yet.

The venue is now settled, I'm still in the process of arranging some group-accomodation for sleeping. Who would be interested in sleeping in a cabin (15 people) and for how many nights?