• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Moves are for n00bs 2012

btm

Some ideas for you to work with:
  • Move Madness
  • You Move You Lose
  • Cube Golf
The Golf-thing may not be immediately obvious, but the main idea is the same as in golf: Get the job done using as few moves (or whatever term applies) as possible.

Stini

WCA
2007TIIN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It looks quite promising that I will be able to participate, but it's still too early to say anything final.

My suggestion for the name is Twente Slowcubing 2012. :) Alternatively sub-Twente Open 2012 if you want to go for a lame pun. :p

okayama

WCA
2009OKAY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
hehehe ok i see there are plenty of options to choose from. I hope we can focus on the other stuff now, especially about sleeping and schedule.

I'm now thinking of my schedule for this competition.

Arrival date is not fixed, but roughly I will arrive at Schiphol on Aug. 22 or 23.
After that go sightseeing somewhere and go to Enschede in the evening on Aug. 24.

Depature date is absolutely fixed, Aug. 27, since I have to go to an academic conference.
After the competition (Aug. 26) I maybe take the train
Enschede 19:57 - 22:09 Schiphol
and stay at some hotel near the airport, and next day I will leave Holland.

I need a bed at least in 24th and 25th around the venue.
Is there anyone free and willing to go together before the competition?

EDIT: some additional ideas for the (simple) competition name:
  • Find your moves
  • Find your number
The latter one is the same meaning as "God's number".
For example 31, 35, 28, 29, 38, 32 = 38 is your number.
So it's a good idea to give an award for the shortest number during the 6 solves.

Last edited:

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I tried registering, but got an error with my WCA-ID filled in: [h=2]Er is een fout opgetreden[/h]Er zijn problemen met de volgende velden:

• WCA ID is al gebruikt voor de registratie van een andere deelenemer

Since it says "(Als dit je eerste competitie is moet je dit veld leeg laten)" and this isn't exactly going to be my first competition I don't know what to do. Leaving it empty: no, because I am not a new user. Filling it: no, because it is already in use

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I tried registering, but got an error with my WCA-ID filled in: Er is een fout opgetreden

Er zijn problemen met de volgende velden:

• WCA ID is al gebruikt voor de registratie van een andere deelenemer

Since it says "(Als dit je eerste competitie is moet je dit veld leeg laten)" and this isn't exactly going to be my first competition I don't know what to do. Leaving it empty: no, because I am not a new user. Filling it: no, because it is already in use

I think I know what the problem is, I send you a PM.

EDIT: Actually your inbox is full, ima send you an Email instead.

Applejuice

I signed up!
I'm not joining in the fewest moves though. I still need practice. :)
I just hope that I get 1 sub 30! And I hope to meet some cubers. ;D

Oh, maybe you should edit the first post with the link.