• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The new kind of F2L competition

cubeone

Hello! This is a new kind of competition where you compete to see who can get the first two layers on a normal, 3x3 cube in the least number of moves. (using preferably the fridrich method) I don't care what color you start on, as long as you start on the color that was on the bottom face when you started the scramble. I also don't care if you do singles or averages, OH or not OH, as long as you post whether it was a single or average, OH or not OH. I also don't care how fast you do it, as long as you accurately count the number of moves you did it in. Anybody can start a new round with a new scramble, as long as it is posted ten or more days after the previous round was posted. Also, please don't give really easy scrambles, and if you start a new round, please don't compete in that round, because for all we know you could already know how to solve that scramble. I'll start round one:

R U F2 L D B U' R D B2 R U R U' U F 'D U L2 D2 F' M2 B L2 X4:) L2 D R' U2

cubernya

Premium Member
Hello! This is a new kind of competition where you compete to see who can get the first two layers on a normal, 3x3 cube in the least number of moves. (using preferably the fridrich method) I don't care what color you start on, as long as you start on the color that was on the bottom face when you started the scramble. I also don't care if you do singles or averages, OH or not OH, as long as you post whether it was a single or average, OH or not OH. I also don't care how fast you do it, as long as you accurately count the number of moves you did it in. Anybody can start a new round with a new scramble, as long as it is posted ten or more days after the previous round was posted. Also, please don't give really easy scrambles, and if you start a new round, please don't compete in that round, because for all we know you could already know how to solve that scramble. I'll start round one:

R U F2 L D B U' R D B2 R U R U' U F 'D U L2 D2 F' M2 B L2 X4:) L2 D R' U2

Being CN means you choose after the scramble
For starting a round, the "easy scrambles" doesn't matter, as long as it isn't intentional...
Why can't we compete in the round we started; it's still a valid scramble.

Also, what's up with U' U, M2, and x4 in the scramble?

Last edited: