• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Any tips on bringing down a average of 50 seconds?

Evan8D

I have been cubing for a month or two and I do pure pll and oll, also F2L. I do intuitive F2L And I do 2-look pll and oll. My fastest time is 30.8 but on the 30.8 solve i did like a 10 second F2L.

xcuber123

YouTube
Visit Channel
why is everyone faster than me. I've been cubing for 4 months and my average is 40 with a zhanchi. First get a diy and some lubix, for you i would reommend the fii or alpha v. if your crazy and a speed lover(like me) go for the zhanchi or guhong v2

Last edited:

Evan8D

I have a zhanchi! :D Hah, And Yeah, my next cube is going to be a DIY F11.

retep

Basically just practice. Here is a good link:
http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?27870-How-to-practice.

I just recently broke about 40-45 seconds myself, and it was all just because of practice, I got better at recognizing F2L cases and started being able to somewhat look ahead when I get a corner and edge paired up (working on being able to look ahead earlier now atm). I was also able to better recognize the oll and pll cases more quickly and reduced inspection time there. I mean there are 2 factors that affect your time, how long it takes to execute and how long you spend inspecting/figuring out what to do, work on reducing both wile practicing!

Also it is definitely not necessary but if you are pretty into cubing and think you will be for a while it would probably be good to start learning full OLL and/or PLL. (I think starting with PLL is better and more common, but having not learned full OLL yet myself I am far from an expert on the matter, the only thing I can say is there are less PLLs to learn, so you can use full PLL sooner and I think both full OLL and PLL will reduce your times by similar amounts, the other thing is you can use partial edge control to make your 2L oll not as bad).

Evan8D

I only know 4 pll cases and about 4 oll cases as well. Everyday I try to learn a new pll before I go to sleep, I'm trying to get all 21, And I know a few F2L Algorithms as well.

applemobile

How often to you time solves? Personally I think many people hinder their progress by timing every solve. I only time a few every week and in between I do slow, casual solves to explore and get used to things. That way when you do time you will see vast improvement on every timed solve. If you time every day you will still get faster, but you will barely notice your improvement as it will be milliseconds. My two pence.

JohnLaurain

You really don't need to learn full OLL and PLL with your current times. You can get sub 30 (maybe even sub 20) using 4LLL. You should definitely practice more so that you can recognize the f2l cases easier, allowing you to look ahead more and reduce pauses in your f2l. Once you've improved look ahead you probably want to increase your turning speed (without hindering look ahead) so you can finish f2l faster. Also, make sure that you can execute your OLLs and PLLs quickly. Also, make sure that your cross takes less than 8 moves on average.

Evan8D

I rarely time solves. Only when i'm bored, but have my cube where ever I go ! :D