• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Kansas Cube Off 2012 - May 19th

Jokerman5656

Catch Me If You Can
WCA
2009BRAI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Google maps could answer that for you :p it's about 8 and a half hours.

On topic, I'm happy you guys picked May 19th :D me, Chris, and Julia will be attending.

About that, anyone have a place we could stay a night maybe? I think i'd be the only one driving and being up that long and driving is tough. Saturday night would be awesome.

Cubewarrior

WCA
2012PERR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
^Same. This will be my first competition. I could judge or scramble but I don't know what I need to do to judge and I can only scramble for 2x2-5x5 and Pyraminx, as long as scrambling doesn't mean missing events.

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
^Same. This will be my first competition. I could judge or scramble but I don't know what I need to do to judge and I can only scramble for 2x2-5x5 and Pyraminx, as long as scrambling doesn't mean missing events.

If you're scrambling you should be able to do your solves first because scramblers get a different set of scrambles anyway. You will get your solves :p

btw I registered for this competition. If I can get 2 days off of work I will drive (like 9 hours) to the venue. I looked up flights and I sure don't want to land in KSC then somehow get back to Auburn lol.

If there's anyone in CO who is interested in carpooling with me just use my email below or go to my #puzzleaddictions chat. My wife has confirmed that she will stay home this time. I will also sponsor puzzles the same way I did at CO springs.

Joker and Rubiks560... don't miss this one plz...

Last edited by a moderator:

Rubiks560

Nub
WCA
2009OLSO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you're scrambling you should be able to do your solves first because scramblers get a different set of scrambles anyway. You will get your solves :p

btw I registered for this competition. If I can get 2 days off of work I will drive (like 9 hours) to the venue. I looked up flights and I sure don't want to land in KSC then somehow get back to Auburn lol.

If there's anyone in CO who is interested in carpooling with me just use my email below or go to my #puzzleaddictions chat. My wife has confirmed that she will stay home this time. I will also sponsor puzzles the same way I did at CO springs.

Joker and Rubiks560... don't miss this one plz...

We plan on attending, we just need to find a place to stay first.

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, is there anyone that would let me, Albert, and Chris stay? We can't find anyone....
I tried booking a hotel in Topeka but couldn't find anything under $150. I ended up getting one in Lawrence which is about 45 minutes away (w/o tolls, 35 w/ tolls). If you guys want to bring sleeping bags and sleep on the floor I would be willing to let you.

Edit: I have the room for Friday night.

Last edited:

cuber952

WCA
2010Brec01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I tried booking a hotel in Topeka but couldn't find anything under $150. I ended up getting one in Lawrence which is about 45 minutes away (w/o tolls, 35 w/ tolls). If you guys want to bring sleeping bags and sleep on the floor I would be willing to let you.
What hotel are you at? My mom and I are also staying in Lawrence :D

Jokerman5656

Catch Me If You Can
WCA
2009BRAI01
YouTube
Visit Channel

That would be really awesome

Rubiks560

Nub
WCA
2009OLSO01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Ooooohhhhh for free? :3