Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: Kansas Cube Off 2012 - May 19th

  1. #1
    Member Rpotts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Topikachu, KS
    WCA Profile
    2010POTT01
    YouTube
    rpotts1
    Posts
    1,782

    Default Kansas Cube Off 2012 - May 19th

    The Kansas Cube Off 2012 will take place at the Auburn Community Center in fabulous Topeka, KS. May 19th, 2012, save the date. Jeremy Fleischman will be delegating again this year and Tanner Reece returns as organizer.

    Cubing USA

    Tentative Events :

    A second round of Square-1
    FMC
    Head to Head
    Last edited by Rpotts; 05-18-2012 at 09:11 PM.
    3x3|CFOP| Single 7.98 | 8.80 | Avg5 10.47 | Avg12 11.82 | BLD | M2/OP | 1:51.71
    2x2|CLL| Avg12 3.73 |

  2. #2
    Member cubegenius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wichita, Kansas
    WCA Profile
    2012DOED01
    YouTube
    cubegenius1997
    Posts
    71

    Default

    What are the cut off times?

  3. #3
    Member Cheese11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    WCA Profile
    2011KULC01
    YouTube
    EricKulchycki
    Posts
    1,066

    Default

    Does any one know how far away this is from Minniapolis?
    I live in Canada, I literally have to warm up before I cube :)

  4. #4
    Nub Rubiks560's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    WCA Profile
    2009OLSO01
    YouTube
    Cyotheking
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese11 View Post
    Does any one know how far away this is from Minniapolis?
    Google maps could answer that for you :P it's about 8 and a half hours.

    On topic, I'm happy you guys picked May 19th me, Chris, and Julia will be attending.
    "Chris is OP. Nerf in next patch pls" - Niko My website: http://www.cyotheking.com//

  5. #5
    Member Cheese11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    WCA Profile
    2011KULC01
    YouTube
    EricKulchycki
    Posts
    1,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubiks560 View Post
    Google maps could answer that for you :P it's about 8 and a half hours.

    On topic, I'm happy you guys picked May 19th me, Chris, and Julia will be attending.
    Hmm, that would be a 16 hour drive for me...

    Guess this one's out of the picture.
    I live in Canada, I literally have to warm up before I cube :)

  6. #6
    Premium Member jokerman5656's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Elk River, MN
    WCA Profile
    2009BRAI01
    YouTube
    jokerman5656
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubiks560 View Post
    Google maps could answer that for you :P it's about 8 and a half hours.

    On topic, I'm happy you guys picked May 19th me, Chris, and Julia will be attending.
    About that, anyone have a place we could stay a night maybe? I think i'd be the only one driving and being up that long and driving is tough. Saturday night would be awesome.
    Thanks
    Its not an obsession, Its a passion.
    Owner of The Lubix Elite #7 Addicted to the Square-1

  7. #7
    Premium Member Mikel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    WCA Profile
    2011MIKE01
    YouTube
    rayquazapwn88
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cubegenius View Post
    What are the cut off times?
    I am definitely going, but I was also wondering if there were going to be cut-off times. This would help in case I needed to practice to be able to be under some of them.

  8. #8
    Member Cubewarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    WCA Profile
    2012PERR01
    YouTube
    Nate Perry
    Posts
    35

    Default

    ^Same. This will be my first competition. I could judge or scramble but I don't know what I need to do to judge and I can only scramble for 2x2-5x5 and Pyraminx, as long as scrambling doesn't mean missing events.
    Big cubes aren't my thing. That's all. Don't believe me? Check out my WCA profile. Cubing for 5 years.

  9. #9
    Member izovire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    WCA Profile
    2009VROO01
    YouTube
    izovire
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cubewarrior View Post
    ^Same. This will be my first competition. I could judge or scramble but I don't know what I need to do to judge and I can only scramble for 2x2-5x5 and Pyraminx, as long as scrambling doesn't mean missing events.
    If you're scrambling you should be able to do your solves first because scramblers get a different set of scrambles anyways. You will get your solves :P

    btw I registered for this competition. If I can get 2 days off of work I will drive (like 9 hours) to the venue. I looked up flights and I sure don't want to land in KSC then somehow get back to Auburn lol.

    If there's anyone in CO who is interested in carpooling with me just use my email below or go to my #puzzleaddictions chat. My wife has confirmed that she will stay home this time. I will also sponsor puzzles the same way I did at CO springs.

    Joker and Rubiks560... don't miss this one plz...
    Last edited by Brest; 04-18-2012 at 07:12 AM. Reason: post merge
    Buy puzzles now! with Global FREE SHIPPING at Puzzle Addictions
    Best Contact. Visit my store Chat Room

  10. #10
    Nub Rubiks560's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    WCA Profile
    2009OLSO01
    YouTube
    Cyotheking
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by izovire View Post
    If you're scrambling you should be able to do your solves first because scramblers get a different set of scrambles anyways. You will get your solves :P

    btw I registered for this competition. If I can get 2 days off of work I will drive (like 9 hours) to the venue. I looked up flights and I sure don't want to land in KSC then somehow get back to Auburn lol.

    If there's anyone in CO who is interested in carpooling with me just use my email below or go to my #puzzleaddictions chat. My wife has confirmed that she will stay home this time. I will also sponsor puzzles the same way I did at CO springs.

    Joker and Rubiks560... don't miss this one plz...
    We plan on attending, we just need to find a place to stay first.
    "Chris is OP. Nerf in next patch pls" - Niko My website: http://www.cyotheking.com//

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •