• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Roux Method Creation (Interview with Gilles Roux)

guelda

WCA
2023WAJN01
Hi all,

new speedcuber here (well, slowcuber for the moment!), and it's my first post :)
I just wanted to know if someone knows where to find the interview mentioned in this thread ? Link is broken and internet search didn't help.
After trying CFOP for a few weeks, I switched to Roux so I'd be interested to hear what his creator has to say about it.

Thank you very much if you can help me, and happy cubing everyone!

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Indeed it is quite old, hence my surprise not to be able to find it elsewhere.
I hope that no one minds that I "re-up" such an old thread, this is not (and won't become) an habit, just the curiosity to hear the creator of what seems to be the 2nd used method nowadays.
I think this is a good example of a worthwhile, valuable bump. Thank you for it. It would be nice if someone could find this.

@pjk, it sure seems like this is pointing to another resource in Speedsolving.com which has somehow gone bad. Is there any way you can find and resurrect this? It appears this was held in a blog that you used to have with Sillas here? All the links to that blog are broken here in the wiki:

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I think this is a good example of a worthwhile, valuable bump. Thank you for it. It would be nice if someone could find this.

@pjk, it sure seems like this is pointing to another resource in Speedsolving.com which has somehow gone bad. Is there any way you can find and resurrect this? It appears this was held in a blog that you used to have with Sillas here? All the links to that blog are broken here in the wiki:
I will look at this soon and post back here. All the interviews were moved to here:

Though it appears the Roux interview is missing, I'll find it. Will also look for the Interviews by Sillas.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Was able to find the content of the blog post, and reposted it here, good stuff:

If you notice any other broken links, please let me know. I wasn't aware these were broken, so reporting helps make me aware of any issues. Thanks.

Also was able to recover the other interview that @Sillas did with Fridrich and ZZ, and the one he did with Fridrich, as well as the one with Feliks (were there any others he did? I don't see any others):

Last edited: