Thread: need some help with the dayan mf8 4X4

Default need some help with the dayan mf8 4X4

Hi guys, just got my dayan mf8 4X4 from speedcubing store and I have some questions (I tried to search them before):

How should I apply the lubix on this cube? what is the best way to lubricate it?
    what else do I need to do in order to make my cube better? (I heard about something that called "Break in", what does that mean?)

Sorry if those questions were asked before, I couldn't find them in the search.

WCA Profile
    2008VELJ01
    YouTube
    sv00013

It should be pretty tight out of the box. I don't like taking apart my puzzles so I just applied my lube by spraying in the holes that are created between the pieces. You just have to play around with it a lot for it to become nice.
    The wiki! read the FAQ and forum rules. Very useful resources. Post your efforts. Solve blindfolded. Introduce yourself! BB code - Compete! - Ask a question!

YouTube
    LeighzerCuber

Take it ALL the way apart. Until you get to that pseudo 3x3 in the center. Then move one of those and fit lube in. Then loosen the 3 screws of the pseudo 3x3 just a little (45-180 degrees). Work around the lube a little bit in the pseudo 3x3. Put lube on the ball core itself. Then full reassemble it. And fit lube where it’s needed and work it in. Solve it a lot and break it in (This is working the plastic and making it faster, smoother, etc.) Then enjoy your Dayan mf8 4x4. I recommend putting lubix in the very internals to get the best speed, but once should be enough. I hate taking apart and reassembling puzzles although 4x4's aren't that bad. I guess it depends how anal you are about how well lubricated your puzzle is.

Edit: My 100th post! Yay!
    Last edited by LeighzerCuber; 03-15-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: 100th post
    "Why can't I just eat my waffle?" Barack Obama

WCA Profile
    2006BARL01
    YouTube
    snkenjoi

Lubix in the core and maru everywhere else seemed to work well for me.