Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Womack's cubing videos

WCA Profile
    2010POTT01
    YouTube
    rpotts1

Yea he used a Rubik's DIY back in the day, that's what his video descriptions used to say. Also, this thread talks about the Rubik's DIY and everyone seems to talk about Yu in that thread, including Jason Baum.
    3x3|CFOP| Single 7.98 | 8.80 | Avg5 10.47 | Avg12 11.82 | BLD | M2/OP | 1:51.71
    2x2|CLL| Avg12 3.73 |

WCA Profile
    2010WOMA01
    YouTube
    michael1234252

Quote Originally Posted by Rpotts View Post
    Yea he used a Rubik's DIY back in the day, that's what his video descriptions used to say. Also, this thread talks about the Rubik's DIY and everyone seems to talk about Yu in that thread, including Jason Baum.
    the video description says nothing about using a Rubiks diy

YouTube
    Jayceeblaster

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Womack View Post
    the video description says nothing about using a Rubiks diy
    Read more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Rpotts View Post
    that's what his video descriptions used to say.
    As in not that video, but past ones.
    3x3: 9.05/12.54/12.99/14.63. 4x4: 44.23/53.50/55.32/59:45. 3BLD: 1:21.72[35.53].
    The most effective way to punish trolls. WARNING: Do not click if epileptic.

WCA Profile
    2010WOMA01
    YouTube
    michael1234252

Default [video] Rubik's speed cube Vs Dayan LunHui

YouTube
    BrainOfCubing

Sure thing a Rubiks brand can be made really good if modded. Mine was not bad actually, but I switched it as soon as I hit the minute. Also I think when you start getting fast, it just isn't fun to use a Rubiks brand, too painful. But if your not as fast, and you don't want to buy a new cube, then this is a good tip. I don't agree with the price though. My GuHong was more expensive than my Rubiks brand. That might depend on country, but if the best cubes are way more expensive than the Rubiks wherever you live, I think a cheap Ghost Hand or something is a much better choice as a first speedcube. I costs almost nothing, and you don't have to mod it to make it way better than a Rubiks.
    Records: 3x3 Single:17.18 (Full step) 15.69 (PLL Skip) Ao5:21.72 Ao12:23.75 BLD:4:41.50
    2x2 Single:2.37 Ao5:6.06 Ao126.62

WCA Profile
    2010WOMA01
    YouTube
    michael1234252

Quote Originally Posted by BrainOfSweden View Post
    Sure thing a Rubiks brand can be made really good if modded. Mine was not bad actually, but I switched it as soon as I hit the minute. Also I think when you start getting fast, it just isn't fun to use a Rubiks brand, too painful. But if your not as fast, and you don't want to buy a new cube, then this is a good tip. I don't agree with the price though. My GuHong was more expensive than my Rubiks brand. That might depend on country, but if the best cubes are way more expensive than the Rubiks wherever you live, I think a cheap Ghost Hand or something is a much better choice as a first speedcube. I costs almost nothing, and you don't have to mod it to make it way better than a Rubiks.
    But some people don't want to pay for the cube and shipping at the same time and they might want it right away

YouTube
    ThomasJECubing

But some people don't want to pay for the cube and shipping at the same time and they might want it right away
    Good things come to those who wait.
    English proverb

Sorry, couldn't resist
    (1/5/12) 3x3x3 - 11.88/15.61/16.65 | 4x4x4 - 1:08.10/1:18.46/1:23.41 | 2x2x2 - 1.01/3.70/4.59
    All PB's | My Website | Substep Competition | ZZ and proud :D | Weilong!

First all, you said that your method can make a Rubik's brand that is unable to get a sub 1 minutes go to a cube that you can always get a sub-1 on it? This is where "it's the cuber, not the cube" comes into meaning. And about your "For people who can't afford a nice cube" argument, you can get an FII or an A-V for a few dollars cheaper than a Rubik's brand.
    But, I loved you solves, maybe brest can reconstruct them. (It helps convince someone if you actually show them the solves)
    Getting lucky is a crime. Punishable by death.

WCA Profile
    2010WOMA01
    YouTube
    michael1234252

Quote Originally Posted by aaronb View Post
    First all, you said that your method can make a Rubik's brand that is unable to get a sub 1 minutes go to a cube that you can always get a sub-1 on it? This is where "it's the cuber, not the cube" comes into meaning. And about your "For people who can't afford a nice cube" argument, you can get an FII or an A-V for a few dollars cheaper than a Rubik's brand.
    But, I loved you solves, maybe brest can reconstruct them. (It helps convince someone if you actually show them the solves)
    if you get the f2 from amazon and the cube is $8 and shipping is $2 then it would be the same price as a rubiks brand

WCA Profile
    2012PRAT02

if you get the f2 from amazon and the cube is $8 and shipping is $2 then it would be the same price as a rubiks brand
    And which cube is better? An FII or a Rubik's. Sure a Rubik's can be good (just ask 5BLD ), but a FII is definitely better