• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

NCR 2012 Ottawa, Canada Competition

kbrune

WCA
2012BRUN02
Just registered! I'm curious, I've never used a stackmat before. I have a feeling getting used to starting and stopping with both hands on a stackmat is going to throw me off until I get used to it. Is there a way i can practice before hand? Not that I'm going to win but my goal is sub30 and i'm gonna need all the help i can get! lol

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just registered! I'm curious, I've never used a stackmat before. I have a feeling getting used to starting and stopping with both hands on a stackmat is going to throw me off until I get used to it. Is there a way i can practice before hand? Not that I'm going to win but my goal is sub30 and i'm gonna need all the help i can get! lol

You could practice on an imaginary stackmat, but I don't think that would help much.
However, you might find this very helpful since it would be your first competition.

Julian

WCA
2010DAVI06
Sure, when you get there you should be able to practice at the solving stations. And if you can't, I'm sure anybody would be happy to let you borrow their stackmat.

kbrune

WCA
2012BRUN02
Sure, when you get there you should be able to practice at the solving stations. And if you can't, I'm sure anybody would be happy to let you borrow their stackmat.

Cool! I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to be harassing everyone there with all the 28184 questions I've had in my head!

Do we know yet how many rounds there will be or is that decided on the day?

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cool! I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to be harassing everyone there with all the 28184 questions I've had in my head!

Do we know yet how many rounds there will be or is that decided on the day?

The Schedule with the time of the events and the amount of rounds should be up a few days after registration closed. However you can expect about 2 rounds of 2x2 and OH, along with 3 rounds of 3x3 and one for the other events.

If it wasn't the same day as Brown I would have come up. Oh well, maybe the next Canadian competition.

Too bad you can't come :(

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
My name's Patrick Ferrari, can't wait to meet other speedcubers!

You don't seem to have registered. Could have saved you 5 bucks... May I ask from what area you come from?

I'm excited and nervous. Going to be my first competition as well. I'm probably going to be the oldest competitor there.

How old are you? Try to beat 50 years old.