Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [video] "Advanced" Fingertricks (Cross, F2L, OLL/PLL)

YouTube
    jskyler91

Default [video] "Advanced" Fingertricks (Cross, F2L, OLL/PLL)

Hello Speedsolving.com'ers,

After receiving many requests about the random fingertricks I do I decided to make a video on all of the universally useful ones. Let me know what you guys think. I didn't do any move cancelations stuff such as WV or VH or COLL/ OLLCP seeing as how those are more algs/ different last layer methods than fingertricks. I should also state that this video is for more advanced cubers and I pretty much expect you to be able to solve with some confidence before you try to use these fingertricks. Hope you guys like it:

P.S. Again, I would like to state that this is just SOME of my fingertricks; I use many more but the rest of them are really situational and not as useful in every single solve. IF you would like to see the rest please let me know.

Here are soem time links so you can navigate easier:
    Cross: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...8IOE_SRI#t=62s
    F2l: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...IOE_SRI#t=605s
    OLL/PLL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...OE_SRI#t=1251s

Sorry about the focusing/ brightness issues, my camera was being weird.
    Last edited by jskyler91; 04-02-2012 at 10:20 AM.

WCA Profile
    2011JANE01
    YouTube
    CubingWorld

Really great tips,thank you.
    3x3PB Single/AO5/AO12: 11.65/16.54/17.43
    Cube: Dayan Guhong

jskyler91, your vid was cool but.........It needs a little work. Even when I was still in ZZ I loved the detail of Teller & Breandon's vids(Switched me back to CFOP). They make their vids accessible to everyone at every level. I know your an advanced cuber but it would have been better if you slowed down and had illustrations of the algs you're doing. Your instructional kind of reminded me of my jazz teacher, he's so knowlegeable he goes too fast thinking we can all keep up. And dude, find one good cube with complete stickers. Not hating on you, I know you want to help
    Last edited by Arkwell; 04-02-2012 at 10:12 AM.

YouTube
    jskyler91

Quote Originally Posted by Arkwell View Post
    jskyler91, your vid was cool but.........It needs a little work. Even when I was still in ZZ I loved the detail of Teller & Breandon's vids(Switched me back to CFOP). They make their vids accessible to everyone at every level. I know your an advanced cuber but it would have been better if you slowed down and had illustrations of the algs you're doing. Your instructional kind of reminded me of my jazz teacher, he's so knowlegeable he goes too fast thinking we can all keep up. And dude, find one good cube with complete stickers. Not hating on you, I know you want to help
    Comments noted. I think I do this for most videos, however this video was distinctly labeled as "Advanced" which meant that I expected you to know quite a bit about cubing before you watched this video. Most of these fingertricks are also NOT for beginners because if they are used wrong or too often then can actually slow you down. I appreciate what your saying though, I will always keep it in mind for future videos. Thanks

Thanks for sharing.

Just a quick tip, for the F2L pair insertion at 16:30, I use [U] R2' F R F' R. (btw, I don't mean to say your way is bad )
    Last edited by JoŽl; 04-18-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    F RUR'U' F' is a Y-perm!

YouTube
    jskyler91

Quote Originally Posted by JoŽl View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

Just a quick tip, for the F2L pair insertion at 16:30, I use [U] R2' F R F' R. (btw, I don't mean to say your way is bad )
    Thanks, I use that as well most of the time, but I was just demonstrating the fingertrick here.

YouTube
    pstimeless

Quote Originally Posted by jskyler91 View Post
    Thanks, I use that as well most of the time, but I was just demonstrating the fingertrick here.
    will there be a r-oll tutorial coming out soon?

4 Hours Ago Jostle Can you blame him? He has no perception of time. He's timeless

WCA Profile
    2012KOTT01

New fingertricks I love. Already shaved off 2 seconds off my best AO5.
    PBs: 2x2 2.58 | 3x3 15.68 | 4x4 1:23.55 | 5x5 2:50.87 | 6x6 5:58.17 | 7x7 6:59.81
    3BLD 3:09.80 | 4BLD 30:xx.xx | 5BLD 48.xx.xx Proud Iowa SR holder of 2x2 single

WCA Profile
    2013HUNG01
    YouTube
    sneaklyfox

Quote Originally Posted by jskyler91 View Post
    Great video! I like r' U r U' r' U' r. I much prefer it and will probably use that trick from now on. Before this, I had only seen [U'] r' U' R U M' which I wasn't very fond of though its advantage is no regrip at the beginning.

Edit: Oh yeah, and what's with the wacky woozy camera view?
    Last edited by sneaklyfox; 12-06-2012 at 08:25 PM.
    Mother of 5. "Mommy, you're always buying Rubik's Cubes!" PBs Cubes solved YTD = 25250

YouTube
    jskyler91

Quote Originally Posted by sneaklyfox View Post
    Great video! I like r' U r U' r' U' r. I much prefer it and will probably use that trick from now on. Before this, I had only seen [U'] r' U' R U M' which I wasn't very fond of though its advantage is no regrip at the beginning.

Edit: Oh yeah, and what's with the wacky woozy camera view?
    Thanks, I prefer to regrip as little as possible lol and sorry about the camera, it just sucks lol.