I've been working in a website for official competitions management: cubecomps.com
My main goal in this project has been helping as much as possible to delegates and organizers in their tasks. Some of the benefits of using cubecomps.com are:
- Three separate ways to use the web: as an administrator (all permissions), as a score taker (different password) and as audience in the public live results sub-domain: live.cubecomps.com
- Uniform, easy and fast way to input scores, omitting "." and ":"
- Allows concurrency: unlimited number of score takers can multiply your speed entering scores.
- Allows importation of WCA's .CSV registration file.
- Prints personalized, customizable 'time sheets' including competitor name and id, event name, round number and the exact number of boxes for scores (plus one).
- The results will be available for the public as soon as you submit every one of them.
- Statistics for special podiums/prizes, like youngest and oldest competitor, females, etc.
- And the very best feature: One-click production of the .XLSX file to export all data to the WCA.
Delegates and organizers who could like test the website, please contact me through http://www.facebook.com/cubecomps
A sample of the public part (live results) can be seen at http://live.cubecomps.com/live.php?cid=11
Finally, here you are a short video showing main features. This video is a week old and some things have been added, changed or improved, but all in all it will be fine for a first contact: