• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Does your Zhanchi pop?

How much does your Zhanchi pop?

• Total voters

Omgpop

WCA
2011UMAS01
Maybe the cube must be lubed always for it to turn smooth without popping. My Zhanchi is not lubed and is very tight at normal tensions and pops everysolve if under loose tensions. No use of the torpedos in my case pops in both cases.

Vipervenom9

YouTube
Visit Channel
I ordered my Zhanchi from Lubixcubes and I haven't touched the tension or lubed it up again (comes pretensioned and prelubed). I even took the torpedoes out and after weeks of use 1000+ solves it has yet to pop once.

cubeone

At factory tension, it never popped once. It does pop quite often if loosened a lot, as we all probably know.

Something I have noticed: when I cleaned some of the gunk out of the edge pieces where the seams meet together and a little bit in other places, it instantly felt looser. :/

foolish

I got a Zhanchi for ~6 months, and just last week it popped for the first time, but within' that week twice :0 What happens a little more often is a corner getting twisted.

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
The poll results are surprising to me. I thought that everyone would have answered 1 in 20+
If I pop more than 1 in 50 solves I change something.

I have 2, both with torpedos. 1 pops about 1 in 100, the other maybe once or twice (call it 1 in 15k).

kAbLiFeRjIg

Mine pops only when my tensions are loose and i have the torpedoes taken out. Ive done a few mods to it but i ran out of lubix recently so i'm not sure if it would make a difference with or without any lube in it.

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can't vote because I choose 1 in infinity.

I've never been able to pop my personal Zhanchi ever. I have popped my main cube (LYII) 1 time in maybe 20,000 solves. A very good reason why your cube might pop is because it's too loose... nuff said.

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
my zhanchi pops only with rough control even though the torpedos are inside and the tensions are tight because i did alot of extreme modding to it. right now, it is so slick, fast and smooth and quiet it is worth that once a day pop. iwith one twist, one side of the cube can spin 540 degrees by itselfwithout effort without lub.

yockee

YouTube
Visit Channel
Done it

Not planning on buying lube :( , only have a crappy 3 in 1 lube

maybe i'll give it to my friend whos new to cubing, and get a guhong v2 for myself

anyone else have any tips? (multi posted again!)

Sorry to tell you, but you HAVE to lube Dayans. They are complete garbage without lube. And, don't use spray. Use nice lube, like Lubix. You just HAVE to. You won't do any better with a GU Hong v2. They are HORRIBLE without lube.

WCA
2011BOYD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mine used to pop a ton but that was because I had it extremely loose. I tightened it a little and lubed it. Now its just as fast and almost never pops. I want to say that one in maybe 200 hundred solves It will have a freak pop. But other than that, no its pretty stable.

Eazoon

I can't vote because I choose 1 in infinity.

I've never been able to pop my personal Zhanchi ever. I have popped my main cube (LYII) 1 time in maybe 20,000 solves. A very good reason why your cube might pop is because it's too loose... nuff said.

infinity is more than 20, so vote 20+. but there should be a "very rarely" option.