• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Does your Zhanchi pop?

How much does your Zhanchi pop?

• Total voters
Yeah, does your's pop (and explode)? With or without torpedos? I have one with torpedos, pops and explodes a whole lot, tightened it, locks up more, cant cut, pieces catch and pops out. loosen it, explodes.

Both of my Zhanchi cubes have never popped. Maybe you should do the edge mod for it?
Done it
Lube it then tighten it. I had like the same problem. I used traxxas but I'm sure maru lune or lubix would be amazing too.
Not planning on buying lube :( , only have a crappy 3 in 1 lube

maybe i'll give it to my friend whos new to cubing, and get a guhong v2 for myself

anyone else have any tips? (multi posted again!)

Last edited:

Sarahjdes

Only problem I have is when I'm scrambling it without using a predefined scramble (when I'm just messing with it too harshly) a corner will sometimes rotate, so I end up with my whole cube solved but a corner. But I do not have pops when I'm solving my cube.

radmin

WCA
2010HARD02
I shortened the springs on mine. That way, it feels loose due to less friction but is actually tighter.
ZH becomes clicky when loose or when the springs are shortened, which I like.

I clipped 1.5 turns off using a Dremel's grinding bit. I put a little 30k Diff oil on the spring before reassembling. Other people have just swapped the springs with something else and gotten good results.

As far as popping, I get pops when it's too loose.

andyfreeman

Probably 1 in 50 when I am getting careless and it needs lubing. Torpedoless and quite loose. I have refined my turning style to being more accurate.

Eleredo

Anyone who selected a choice other than "1 in 20+" badly needs to learn how to tension their cubes. I mean, even with the anchors removed, my Zhanchi barely pops. More of than not I already did hundreds of solves before I get a pop.

Of course every Zhanchi will pop at some time or another; the Zhanchi is pop-resistant, which is not the same as pop-proof. There will never be a cube that never pops, unless you tension it so it becomes a rock, but good luck with speedsolving then.

edit: Oh, and as for the setup: it now has torpedoes and it's lubed with silicon spray. I put the torpedoes back in not because it pops less with torpedoes but it just does not feel right when I solve my Zhanchi with the torpedoes removed.

I guess that's because I've been using it for a long time before I first took the torpedoes out so I was already very used to them.

Last edited:

HeyCuber

Mine hasn't really popped during solves. Although, sometimes when I practice algorithms really fast, it might pop. Removing torpedoes made it pop worse so I'm using them at the moment.