Thread: Just got a guhong v2, a few questions.

Default Just got a guhong v2, a few questions.

Having moved from an F-II to a guhong v2, this cube is amazing. No lube and still beat my old record in the first hour. However, I have a few questions.

Every other side can cut corners up to 45 degrees no problem, except when green is facing me and white is on top. I've tried all the other sides and they work fine. Checked the white/green pieces and there doesn't appear to be a problem. I tensioned everything evenly, and tried loosening the green side, still no luck.

Also, how much of a difference would it make if I were to lube this cube with CRC? My F-II is white on the inside and ugly, and I would hate to make my V2 look like that in the first week. I don't have lubix, and am currently unable to buy it, leaving me only with crc. It feels fine now, but I keep thinking about how much smoother it would feel with crc in it.
    Last edited by JaxDragon; 02-19-2012 at 11:43 AM.

WCA Profile
    2011LUEV01
    YouTube
    insane569

Lube it right now. I use CRC and it works great. Dayan cubes are **** without lube. That might fix the problem.
    Why you reading this bro?

Well, you don't really need a cube to cut 45 degrees to be called a good cube. You can technically do any solve already like this because you wont be able to use the 45 degree function whatsoever.

Lubing it might help it, but if you spread it around the whole cube, all the sides will increase in performance too. Lubing it with CRC can help it.

I'd say reassemble the green side, whilst checking for awkward/defected pieces. Look at the screw and spring, they might be defective or even at a different tension of spring.

If the problem persists, just play with it and break it in, most cubes will be a tad smoother or faster after breaking in, good luck.

WCA Profile
    2010HARD02

all side should cut the same. Just take the pieces off and look at the gaps.
    Christian Cuber

WCA Profile
    2010VERE01
    YouTube
    MrGoosly

Quote Originally Posted by insane569 View Post
    Dayan cubes are **** without lube.
    The Dayan Guhong V2 is amazingly smooth without lube, but off course even better with lube

At everyone's urging, i lubed the cube, and while there is a bit of white now it does move faster. And the corner cutting has improved slightly, although there is still a slight difference.