• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Thoughts on a web design "one answer question thread"?

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
The members of this site seem to be a great resource of information regarding web design, scripting, etc. The number of posts/threads about scripting, web design, etc has grown a lot recently. I have been think for awhile now that a "one answer question" thread may be a nice way to consolidate all of this information. I'm not sure if this would be more appropriate in the off topic forum or under software, as it would be nice if this could be used for general design instead of just cubing related.

Any thoughts?

cubernya

Premium Member
The members of this site seem to be a great resource of information regarding web design, scripting, etc. The number of posts/threads about scripting, web design, etc has grown a lot recently. I have been think for awhile now that a "one answer question" thread may be a nice way to consolidate all of this information. I'm not sure if this would be more appropriate in the off topic forum or under software, as it would be nice if this could be used for general design instead of just cubing related.

Any thoughts?

Weird, I thought of it right after I posted my recent coding problem. I was thinking about making one, but I wasn't sure so I didn't :p

I think it's a great idea. Not only could members easily ask questions about cubes in the normal thread, they could also ask questions about anything else that is appropriate (remember: there's kids on these forums!). I'm sure many others would agree that this is an excellent idea, and should definitely be put into effect.

Jaycee

YouTube
Visit Channel
Why limit the thread to just one-answer questions? IMO it'd be better to just make a thread titled "Web Design" or whatever you want so anything regarding web design can be discussed there.

cubernya

Premium Member
Why limit the thread to just one-answer questions? IMO it'd be better to just make a thread titled "Web Design" or whatever you want so anything regarding web design can be discussed there.

Look at the one answer question thread. Does every question only receive one answer? No? That's because some require more than one answer, which is to be expected. It's just kind of a name to stick to.

However, I do not believe there should be a separate thread for every kind of thing, such as Web Design. This would cause spam, and people not knowing where it should go. I believe that there should just be one thread for all such subjects.