Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Thoughts on a web design "one answer question thread"?

  1. #1
    Premium Member Carson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somerset, Kentucky, United States
    WCA Profile
    2008PENT01
    YouTube
    carsonpenticuff
    Posts
    1,285

    Default Thoughts on a web design "one answer question thread"?

    The members of this site seem to be a great resource of information regarding web design, scripting, etc. The number of posts/threads about scripting, web design, etc has grown a lot recently. I have been think for awhile now that a "one answer question" thread may be a nice way to consolidate all of this information. I'm not sure if this would be more appropriate in the off topic forum or under software, as it would be nice if this could be used for general design instead of just cubing related.

    Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Premium Member theZcuber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central NY, US
    WCA Profile
    2012PRAT02
    Posts
    2,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    The members of this site seem to be a great resource of information regarding web design, scripting, etc. The number of posts/threads about scripting, web design, etc has grown a lot recently. I have been think for awhile now that a "one answer question" thread may be a nice way to consolidate all of this information. I'm not sure if this would be more appropriate in the off topic forum or under software, as it would be nice if this could be used for general design instead of just cubing related.

    Any thoughts?
    Weird, I thought of it right after I posted my recent coding problem. I was thinking about making one, but I wasn't sure so I didn't

    I think it's a great idea. Not only could members easily ask questions about cubes in the normal thread, they could also ask questions about anything else that is appropriate (remember: there's kids on these forums!). I'm sure many others would agree that this is an excellent idea, and should definitely be put into effect.

  3. #3
    Member Jaycee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Joliet, Illinois
    YouTube
    Jayceeblaster
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Why limit the thread to just one-answer questions? IMO it'd be better to just make a thread titled "Web Design" or whatever you want so anything regarding web design can be discussed there.
    3x3: 9.05/12.54/12.99/14.63. 4x4: 44.23/53.50/55.32/59:45. 3BLD: 1:21.72[35.53].
    The most effective way to punish trolls. WARNING: Do not click if epileptic.

  4. #4
    Premium Member theZcuber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central NY, US
    WCA Profile
    2012PRAT02
    Posts
    2,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
    Why limit the thread to just one-answer questions? IMO it'd be better to just make a thread titled "Web Design" or whatever you want so anything regarding web design can be discussed there.
    Look at the one answer question thread. Does every question only receive one answer? No? That's because some require more than one answer, which is to be expected. It's just kind of a name to stick to.

    However, I do not believe there should be a separate thread for every kind of thing, such as Web Design. This would cause spam, and people not knowing where it should go. I believe that there should just be one thread for all such subjects.

  5. #5
    Premium Member Carson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somerset, Kentucky, United States
    WCA Profile
    2008PENT01
    YouTube
    carsonpenticuff
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    So something like a Coding/Scripting/Web Design Help thread?

  6. #6
    Premium Member ThomasJE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    England
    YouTube
    ThomasJECubing
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    It could be a sub-forum in the Software Area. Why don't you make this thread in the Software Area and see how it goes?
    (1/5/12) 3x3x3 - 11.88/15.61/16.65 | 4x4x4 - 1:08.10/1:18.46/1:23.41 | 2x2x2 - 1.01/3.70/4.59
    All PB's | My Website | Substep Competition | ZZ and proud :D | Weilong!

  7. #7
    Premium Member Carson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somerset, Kentucky, United States
    WCA Profile
    2008PENT01
    YouTube
    carsonpenticuff
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJE View Post
    It could be a sub-forum in the Software Area. Why don't you make this thread in the Software Area and see how it goes?
    I hesitate to put the thread there, as that is listed under the "General Cubing" forum. I suppose it could always be moved later though...

  8. #8
    Member Cheese11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    WCA Profile
    2011KULC01
    YouTube
    EricKulchycki
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    I would make some sort of Computer Science/Languages help thread.
    I live in Canada, I literally have to warm up before I cube :)

  9. #9
    Administrator pjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    WCA Profile
    2007KELL02
    YouTube
    pjkcards
    Posts
    5,182

    Default

    I think a post like this would be in the off-topic. Feel free to go for it. We can always delete it if it doesn't work out.

  10. #10
    Member Cheese11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    WCA Profile
    2011KULC01
    YouTube
    EricKulchycki
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjk View Post
    I think a post like this would be in the off-topic. Feel free to go for it. We can always delete it if it doesn't work out.
    I think I might make it.
    I live in Canada, I literally have to warm up before I cube :)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •