Thread: Scripts: WCA DB downloader, PDF Scramble Generator, WCA Elo-like rating system

Default Scripts: WCA DB downloader, PDF Scramble Generator, WCA Elo-like rating system

Hi,

I've been uploading to GitHub some of my scripts lately. There are three that you might find interesting:

Download WCA database export and load it to MySQL (Python)
    Go to worldcubeassociation.org, download the latest SQL export of the database and update your local MySQL database with it.

PDF scramble generator for combination puzzles (PHP)
    Generate a number of scrambles / scramble pages for several puzzles and export them to PDF.

Multiplayer Elo-like rating system (PHP)
    Experimental rating system for all the official events based on Elo which processes the WCA database and takes each round as a multiplayer game.

WCA Profile
    2010LACH01
    YouTube
    fatboyxpc

Not to be nit-picky, but if somebody has access to a mysql server, wouldn't they just run "mysql -u username -p [database if necessary] < dump.sql"? Seems like running a python script would be more overhead than necessary.

Do you have a demo of the rating system? I don't really feel like importing the WCA db just to take a quick glance :P
    Last edited by FatBoyXPC; 02-17-2012 at 07:48 AM.
    Let's go play dragon slayerrr *snort*! Lol clicky "When I hear people say "imma" I expect the next words to d-bag." - TheBeardô