Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 3-cycle speed optimal blindfold method?

YouTube
    Godmil

Cool,
    Thanks for the tips.
    I'd previously put off the idea of learning something like this cause it seemed way more complex than ZB, but now I look at it, it seems much easier to understand, and also mirror and inverses are pretty easy... I've got about 16 cases down already
    3X3 Warp 2: (Snl/5/12) 15.26, 18.77, 20.78.

WCA Profile
    2010REES01
    YouTube
    RyanReese09

Yeah a big thing for me was making the list. I found after I went through each case and found a good "alg" for it, I found that upon review, I remembered almost every single one. I was like, oh yeah I remember this case, I originally had "x" but that wasn't so fast and I found "y" instead! Ha! Worked.

Onto next one.
    http://www.ryanreese.us /// <+aronpm> Piecez: I lubed mine up nice and good but it was really stiff when I put it in my mouth.

WCA Profile
    2011AQUI01
    YouTube
    eddyflic

Quote Originally Posted by yash View Post
    anyone care to explain '3-cycle speed optimal blindfold method'?
    i have searched over the internet but couldn't find
    currently i am using M2 for Edges and Old-Pochmann for corners.. and i avg around 1:50...
    A simple thing to start is looking for cases where you can do one-move setups into an M2 case. For example, I use UB as my buffer. If my cycle is: UB-DL-FR, then I you can do D (U R U' M2 U R' U') M2 D'. There are a lot of cases like so. Hope you find it useful!

WCA Profile
    2010SOPC01
    YouTube
    sebucwerd

Are there any 3style corner lists? In your opinions, what are the best buffers? Right now I use UF and UBL.

Quote Originally Posted by drewsopchak View Post
    Are there any 3style corner lists? In your opinions, what are the best buffers? Right now I use UF and UBL.
    Personally I like URB, ULB isn't bad it Just isn't for me. UFR is just as good as URB.
    UF isn't a bad you have the option of more RU and MU style speedoptimal algs, But you have to take advantage of that. I personally use FD (LOL orientation) I find that I can visualize the comms better than the RU spam things.

I think Riffz has an alg list for both (ULB and UF). I would say you should make your own list and if you have trouble figuring something fast out you can always hit up aronpm, Riffz, Zane, or me.
    [01:44] <+aronpm> CPdragon: here have the rest of my bld power.... abracadabra *waves arms about*

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Frog View Post
    I think Riffz has an alg list for both (ULB and UF). I would say you should make your own list and if you have trouble figuring something fast out you can always hit up aronpm, Riffz, Zane, or me.
    Riffz' list is DF. His list is what motivated me to learn 3style edges
    i don't cube any more

Premium Member
    WCA Profile
    2010CARN01
    YouTube
    ZaneChannel

Quote Originally Posted by drewsopchak View Post
    UF/DF and UBL/UBR buffers are the most commonly used and therefore have the most documentation. So what you're currently using is fine.

Here's a corner list by riffz.

WCA Profile
    2013CONA01
    YouTube
    SpecialPieMan66

Does anyone have video tutorials on the 3-cycle blindfold method? I use M2 for edges and Old Pochman for corners, and I average 6 minutes.
    3x3x3 13.70/15.59/16.87/17.57 - 3BLD 2:09.68/2:59.04/3:37.85 - 2x2x2 3.24/5.74/6.31/7.03
    Pyraminx 6.66/10.11/11.66/12.64/

Banned
    WCA Profile
    2009WHIT01
    YouTube
    ben1996123

Quote Originally Posted by MaikeruKonare View Post
    Does anyone have video tutorials on the 3-cycle blindfold method? I use M2 for edges and Old Pochman for corners, and I average 6 minutes.
    3style is the most advanced bld method that people use atm so you shouldnt bother learning it until youre subminute or something. practise

Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the Netherlands
    WCA Profile
    2006GALE01
    YouTube
    arnaudvg

Quote Originally Posted by ben1996123 View Post
    3style is the most advanced bld method that people use atm so you shouldnt bother learning it until youre subminute or something. practise
    OR, you can not listen to that guy, learn an advanced bld methods while you are slow an get to subminute with that
    I can't help it, but I am still addicted to the sexy move
    A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting