• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Software representations of the cube?

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you have access to any virtual implementations of the state of a Rubik's Cube, please post them here.

What I'm looking for here is just a class that represents a cube, with some functions allowing turning the pieces.

It'd be nice to have a collection of these in each language, so developers in the future wouldn't have to create their own each time they make something in a new language.

Stachu

mr. giggums

WCA
2011BERN02
When I read the thread title I thought that this thread would be about graphical representations of a cube. I think that this should also be discussed. There are two main cateogories of design, 2D and 3D. I will believe we should focus on 2D because there is more variation. The best representation I have come up with is pictured below. This design keeps the URFD faces completely together, and the LB faces only a little bit seperated.

2dCube.jpg

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This has been on my to-do list for a long while, but I prioritized Mark 2 functionality over clean puzzle models for now. I don't have anything big to post right now, but I'll be watching this thread closely.

Also, a suggestion: try to look at / infer standards, e.g. the Singmaster / Reid positional notation used by ACube.