• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Michael Womack's cubing videos

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Now I wish I had some black light.

Suggestions:
- Use meaningful titles (e.g. "Mefferts puzzles in black light"). Many people don't want to have to watch a video to learn what it's about! Especially from a guy with a track record of boring stuff and exaggerations (not trying to be mean, I just think that's the general perception here).
- Don't waste 40 seconds of every viewer talking boring until you get to the point. Show and explain the effect right away, otherwise you'll just bore and **** people off.
- When you notice that it doesn't really work on video (doesn't look special to me at all), record it again trying to make it work. If you can't, at least tell us what you see instead of just saying "you'll get this result".

cool.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I imagine it'll look better if you shine the light on it from farther away (so the light cone isn't so directly just on the puzzle), let's say two or three meters, can you try that and show us?

Edit: "cool"? What do you mean? Full sentence preferred.

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think I read that when the Pyraminx first came out they used a special fluorescent stickers which could only be supplied in europe from one location so it was easy to tell if a puzzle was a knockoff. I wonder if all their stickers have similar looks, I've only got one really old pyraminx from them.
On a side note, that black light torch is really cool.

Also there is a chance that the effect you're seeing just can't be picked up on camera.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think I read that when the Pyraminx first came out they used a special fluorescent stickers which could only be supplied in europe from one location so it was easy to tell if a puzzle was a knockoff. I wonder if all their stickers have similar looks, I've only got one really old pyraminx from them.
On a side note, that black light torch is really cool.

Also there is a chance that the effect you're seeing just can't be picked up on camera.

ya ill do it soon

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
yep Is freeslice the multiedge paring

Because multiedges pairing works well on anything bigger then a 5! ;)

The only real way to get good at big cubes is look ahead, tracking multiple pieces at once, not fail L4E and most importantly a hell a **** load of practice! Just like it is for all cubes. Practice... Practice... PRACTICE.

Out of curiosity, what are your big cube times?

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

The only real way to get good at big cubes is look ahead, tracking multiple pieces at once, not fail L4E and most importantly a hell a **** load of practice! Just like it is for all cubes. Practice... Practice... PRACTICE.

4x4 2:42.xx 5x5 4:15.xx 6x6 10:39.75 7x7 dont know cause mines broken

Specs112

WCA
2011ANDE03
My advice: There is such a glut of bad tutorials and identical tutorials that add nothing to others, that unless you're a pro at bigcubes you really shouldn't even be making tutorial videos.

thackernerd

WCA
2011THAC01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Do you think you could make a quick video on how you do last 4 edges? I average 7:00 but my l4e suck.

musicninja17

WCA
2010FISK01
My advice: There is such a glut of bad tutorials and identical tutorials that add nothing to others, that unless you're a pro at bigcubes you really shouldn't even be making tutorial videos.

I'd have to really agree here. I hate to be harsh, but i'd only make 'speedcubing tip' videos if you were really fast...