Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Embedded YouTube videos not appearing on iPad

Platinum Member
    WCA Profile
    2010MAJO01

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Can someone who is having this issue verify that they have the latest version of IOS? Based on some brief googling, it appears that this is a common problem across VB boards, but some iphones/tablets are not affected.

FYI, it works fine under android with the default browser, Dolphin HD, and Firefox. I'm curious whether this is affecting mobile devices other than Apple.
    I use Opera Mini and I can't see videos.
    Someone care to make a test? (2 videos, different tags).
    This could help establish a fix if both worked for some browsers.

WCA Profile
    2007COHE01
    YouTube
    masterofthebass

[video] tag

[youtube] tag

WCA Profile
    2007KELL02
    YouTube
    pjkcards

I've made a few changes. Do the video tags work? Do the youtube tags work?

If the youtube tags work, I will simply disable video tags and we can go ahead continue using youtube tags like we were doing before.

Platinum Member
    WCA Profile
    2010MAJO01

I can only see the [youtube] tag in Dan's post, I can't see the first. I think disabling [video] tags is a good idea.

WCA Profile
    2007KELL02
    YouTube
    pjkcards

So over the last month I've been trying to find a solution to this. Disabling the [video] tag is easier said than done, and so far vB has been unsupportive of this. I need to upgrade to the latest vB, but the hack that is being used for the wiki would not be compatible, so I've not done this yet. I'm considering moving the wiki back to its own fresh site (not integrated with vB) so I don't have to deal with the incompatibility issues in the future.

On the plus side, I now have an android so I can play with solving this issue. For the time being, we'll have to deal with it, but I will add it to the list for when I upgrade.

WCA Profile
    2007KELL02
    YouTube
    pjkcards

Is the issue with the youtube videos still happening? When I view the site in desktop view on my mobile, the videos load fine. When I go to m.speedsolving.com, they also load fine. I am using an Android 4.3.

Platinum Member
    WCA Profile
    2010MAJO01

Quote Originally Posted by pjk View Post
    Is the issue with the youtube videos still happening? When I view the site in desktop view on my mobile, the videos load fine. When I go to m.speedsolving.com, they also load fine. I am using an Android 4.3.
    Just checked a thread quickly, it works in Rowe's video thread, not sure which tag he used, seems to change result. Hopefully you've fixed it, this has cost me many minutes pressing quote and copying the URL. Thanks Patrick.
    1/5/12/50 Skewb: 1.63/3.82/4.50/5.32 Official 5.77 average Pyraminx: ​1.02/2.48/2.97/3.62 OcR 3.74 Average 3x3: 6.88/10.23/11.19/12.03 Official 12.23 average