Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Best Rubik's Brand cube

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    120

    Default Best Rubik's Brand cube

    The best Rubik's brand cube (in my opinion) is Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. Available on amazon.com for about $8.

    They come pretty loose out of the box. But after lubing, they're amazing. They still don't cut corners as well as a DIY, but if you want that Rubik's brand feel, these are money.

    I posted a video here so you can see 1. what it looks like in box 2. how it handles right out of the box 3. how it handles right out of the box plus lube 4. how it handles after 3+months of use.

    Check it out.

  2. #2
    Member pcwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    YouTube
    pcwizcube
    Posts
    433

    Default

    I don't want to be mean, but I think this should be in the off topic section (a lot of junior member post in the wrong spot)

    The best Rubik's Brand Cube? Well if you say Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium then that's not Rubik's Brand right? Rubik's Brand are found in stores like Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, and Target. Well it does have a Rubik's Logo on it... I don't know. I think you're talking about store bought cubes, or non DIYs.

    I saw the video and cool! I never thought "Rubik's Brand" cubes could move that fast right out of the box!
    Previously known as Rubik's Cube Fan (May 2008 - Feb. 2011 ) and currently known as PCwizCube (Feb. 2011 - present)

  3. #3
    Member Feanaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    WCA Profile
    2008PHEL01
    YouTube
    Feanarojp
    Posts
    341

    Default

    It looks really good for a Rubik's brand. What tie does the cube have to the Mr. Wagorium thing.
    Last edited by Feanaro; 04-05-2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Mispell

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcwiz View Post
    I don't want to be mean, but I think this should be in the off topic section (a lot of junior member post in the wrong spot)

    The best Rubik's Brand Cube? Well if you say Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium then that's not Rubik's Brand right? Rubik's Brand are found in stores like Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, and Target. Well it does have a Rubik's Logo on it... I don't know. I think you're talking about store bought cubes, or non DIYs.

    I saw the video and cool! I never thought "Rubik's Brand" cubes could move that fast right out of the box!
    Rubik's brand cubes are manufactured by several companies. I believe there are 3 licensed manufacturers. One is Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (which is actually a division of Milton Bradley) (There's also Habro and Winning Moves). And you're right - they're in Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, Target AND amazon.com (as nearly everything is

    And since this is an area for beginners, I figured I'd pass on my newfound luck in the smoothness of this cube. Off topic? I don't know.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro View Post
    It looks really good for a Rubik's brand. What tie does the cube have to the Mr. Wagorium thing.
    I'm not really sure. Here's the Wikipedia page about the 2007 movie Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

    It's about a guy that manages a toyshop, so I guess therein lies the connection. Perhaps it's a tie-in with Milton Bradley (which is the same as Hasbro, actually.)

    Here is a link to the Amazon page that sells the cube. Priced right now at $7.70 USD. It doesn't offer an explanation. I'll keep looking to find out why there's a tie-in.

    Still stands that it's a great Rubik's Branded cube.

  6. #6
    Member pcwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    YouTube
    pcwizcube
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwdana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pcwiz View Post
    I don't want to be mean, but I think this should be in the off topic section (a lot of junior member post in the wrong spot)

    The best Rubik's Brand Cube? Well if you say Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium then that's not Rubik's Brand right? Rubik's Brand are found in stores like Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, and Target. Well it does have a Rubik's Logo on it... I don't know. I think you're talking about store bought cubes, or non DIYs.

    I saw the video and cool! I never thought "Rubik's Brand" cubes could move that fast right out of the box!
    Rubik's brand cubes are manufactured by several companies. I believe there are 3 licensed manufacturers. One is Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (which is actually a division of Milton Bradley) (There's also Habro and Winning Moves). And you're right - they're in Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, Target AND amazon.com (as nearly everything is

    And since this is an area for beginners, I figured I'd pass on my newfound luck in the smoothness of this cube. Off topic? I don't know.
    Oh I thought Rubik's Brand were just made from the "Rubik's Company" (If there is one). Thanks for the information!

    I would say this is off topic because it's not really a thread when you're asking a question and an experienced cuber answers them.
    Previously known as Rubik's Cube Fan (May 2008 - Feb. 2011 ) and currently known as PCwizCube (Feb. 2011 - present)

  7. #7
    andrewvo1324
    Guest

    Default

    Make it into a Diy....


    make its screw+spring and watch it be godly...


    I took one my my REALLLY BAD rubiks brand and made it into a scrrew spring structure....and now its my main cubes out of alot of diy cubes

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    120

    Default

    [QUOTE=pcwiz;42882][QUOTE=cwdana;42856]
    Quote Originally Posted by pcwiz View Post

    I would say this is off topic because it's not really a thread when you're asking a question and an experienced cuber answers them.
    I didn't see anything in the 'forum rules' saying it had to be Q&A. Going by that, then quite a few might be off topic.

    I figured off topic meant not-related-to-cube-talk. No?

  9. #9
    Member Feanaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    WCA Profile
    2008PHEL01
    YouTube
    Feanarojp
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Is there any difference in the cube? Like a Mr. Wagorium logo or something? Or is it just a normal Rubik's cube in a different box?

    3x3x3 PB: 18.22 sec
    3x3x3 OH: 1:17
    3x3x3 BLND: 2:55
    2x2x2 PB: 7.35
    4x4x4 PB: 2:30

  10. #10
    Member pcwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    YouTube
    pcwizcube
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwdana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pcwiz View Post

    I would say this is off topic because it's not really a thread when you're asking a question and an experienced cuber answers them.
    I didn't see anything in the 'forum rules' saying it had to be Q&A. Going by that, then quite a few might be off topic.

    I figured off topic meant not-related-to-cube-talk. No?
    The point of this category of the forums is for beginner's to ask questions where experience cubers can answer. You probably haven't experienced this yet. But if you look at some of the beginner threads, it's usually a person having some difficulty and needs some help. Look at the main page of this website, and look at the description under the "Beginner" category. It says: "If you are a beginner, this is the place where experienced cubers can help you with your difficulties."

    Rules don't always explain what to do, as they usually say the restrictions of something and what not to do.

    The off topic section is designed for non cube talk, and cube talk that is not covered in one of the cube categories. So you could put this one in the off topic section.

    Don't worry about it. It's not such a big deal and lots of beginners to these forums make these mistakes (I know I did) so don't worry about it.
    Last edited by pcwiz; 04-06-2008 at 06:59 AM.
    Previously known as Rubik's Cube Fan (May 2008 - Feb. 2011 ) and currently known as PCwizCube (Feb. 2011 - present)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •