• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

At last, ZZ-D method has been COMPLETED!

KimOrbit

Hi every body.
I have completed ZZ-D's method and I am proud that I can be the first one who has done it fast for speedcubing.

Here is my documentation with every thing needed for using my method. I have explained how to recognize each case, and how to perform it fast.

Please read this documentation before sharing your Idea. Im sure most of the questions are answered in the documentation.

please feel free to ask me any question about my method by the contact information released in the documentation.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nkgp5lz915ltujf

Well, Name of this method is ZZ-Orbit too. then my last method will be destroyed forever. forget about that ;) there were some problems in my last method.

BUT ITS COMPLETED ZZ-ORBIT. means completed ZZ method ;)

KimOrbit

ZZ was already complete.

What you call 'ZZLL' is really 2GLL.

For everyone else; new stuff here is CPF2L.

well, to correct that I should say "ZZ-D has been completed!!!!" :D

and I will share an example solve soon

Specs112

WCA
2011ANDE03
You invented a new method that isn't actually a new method, gave it a sensationalist title, don't use proper grammar, and don't say anything about whether you're even good with it.

That's cute.

KimOrbit

Example Solve:
scramble: F2 D2 L2 F2 D F2 D' R2 D L2 U' B L D B' R U2 L B F2 L U (generated by prisma)

EOLine: R D B R D2 F'

Left 3x2x1 Block: U R' U' L2 U' L2 U' R' L2 U2 L'

Right 2x2x1 Block: R' U R2 U R2 U R2

Set up F2L pair: R' U' R' U' R2 U R U R2 U R' U

Corner permutation: U' R U' R'

ZZLL: U2 R' U R2 U R' U R' U' R U' R' U' R U R U' R' U

using 59 moves.
------------------------------------------------------------

well, thank you for your Ideas. And to talk about average, Im not an speedcuber now. My finger's speed is slow. my normal average is 35 seconds. but using this method my average of 5 was 32. but Again I say, My finger's speed is slow.

And I have a question. how my method is not a new method?? :) I have solved the missing link :)

and about "sensationalist title", you are true ;) It was because of happiness and nothing else. It was the first sentence that came to my mind in that time ;)

I need 2 weeks to completely master this method. after that time I will share my averages with this method. currently we are 3 speedcubers using this method in my city ;)

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
And I have a question. how my method is not a new method?? :) I have solved the missing link :)

If someone generates algs for CLL+1, that doesn't make it a new method. That makes it a documented method.

What you have done is is provided CPF2L documentation, and misnamed some things.

WCA
2010YUPH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Example Solve:
scramble: F2 D2 L2 F2 D F2 D' R2 D L2 U' B L D B' R U2 L B F2 L U (generated by prisma)

using 59 moves.

This is a lot number of moves coming from a "method" that capitalizes on efficiency.

mDiPalma

only 56 moves because of cancellations

but im pretty sure COLL and EPLL is more efficient than all of this.

mDiPalma

Example Solve:

you can replace that with

U' R' U2 R U R' U2 R U R' U R U' R' <<COLL
U M2 U' M U2 M' U M2 U <<EPLL

which saves 3 moves, i think.

KimOrbit

Good job man, your hard work is greatly appreciated. Don't worry about the haters, the point is that you completed the missing link which is awesome.

thank so much!! at last some one has seen the point :)

PLEASE NOTE that I have written "A new approach to ZZ-D" well, I mean my method is all about ZZ-D.

If you dont want to change your method, or if you want to ignore a new method, thats your problem. please dont push problems on a method!!

about that example solve: my example solve was done in 1 AM. then I couldn't really even see the stickers because I hadn't slept for 2 days to complete this method. I was too tired. but I did it for you to see it. If you OPEN YOUR EYES you will see that its pure ZZ. only 0-4 additional moves are added to complete the missing link.

My method is ALL ABOUT MISSING LINK. its completely about permuting corners. pages 7-18 are describing how to do pure ZZ-D. in that step when you have your F2L pair set upped you need to do at least 4 moves to put that pair inside and this method is done by 4-10 moves in my documentation!! IT IS NOTHING?? DOING ZZ-D'S MISSING LINK WITH ONLY 0-6 MOVES. ITS NOTHING??

and then my method. I have found problems inside ZZ-D and I have solved them. I have reduced cases from 30 to 6. AND ITS FANTASTIC. you can permute all your corners with only 0-5 moves in this step of my method. they are completely described in pages 19-23. THESE 4 PAGES ARE MY METHOD DESCRIPTIONS.

well, next part, ZZLL. i have searched all the internet and I could find only 1 good source for ZBLL. here is that source ZBLL Algorithms v2.57. but because All my attempts was to make 2-Gen last layer then I have completed my method and I have shared 2-Gen Last layer algorithms. WAS IT BAD THAT I HAVE GAVE YOU FREE ALGORITHMS THAT CAN HELP YOU SOLVE YOUR LAST LAYER 1 LOOKED?? then I can remove it if you want, then you should search all of the internet to find those algorithms.

last part. I have written "Its not a part of my method" and its only a sharing of algorithms. then it is not related to my method. Its exactly my last documentation.

Well, If you want to do something easy and with less algorithms then YOU ARE LAZY . an easy case for those lazy people. why you should work on Rubiks cube?? that needs lots of time. If you are lazy then you can put the cube away :) and if you want less algorithms then why do you want to learn 40 algorithms for COLL and 4 algorithms for EPLL?? in that step you can simply do 7 OLL cases and only 21 PLL cases. it will be reduced to 28 cases. Isn't it better for those lazy people??

........PLEASE THINK BEFORE TALKING........

Last edited:

nickvu2

WCA
2007VUNI01
KimOrbit, you've obviously done a crap load of work to put this together and I am very grateful that you are willing to share it. I'll go through it when I get some time.

It looks like you're fairly new to the forum so it might help that you understand that it's not rare for someone to start a thread saying, "I've invented a new method!" and it ends up just being COLL, or keyhole, or a bad variation on a well know method, or just gibberish, or whatever. So it's only natural that many are skeptical, and unfortunately unnecessarily harsh, when people come making big claims. And it makes sense that you feel deflated after investing so much time into this and then don't get the response you were expecting. But hold your head up. If what you presented works well, people will begin adopting it and you will be recognized for making a big contribution. But that takes time, and none of us are going to abandon our main methods or commit to learning a bunch of algs before scrutinizing a new idea. So be patient as we tinker with it and challenge it and see if it holds up. If it's as strong as you think it is, we'll eventually figure it out.

asmallkitten, I consider you an authority on ZZ-d and would like to hear your opinion after you get a chance to look though the doc.

Viva la ZZ! XD

Pyjam

Premium Member
Nobody hates you. We appreciate the effort, for the most.

It's just that you don't sleep for two days to complete your documentation (great work) but you chose an example in 5 minutes which gives a poor demonstration of the possibilities of your method.
You said the cost of the missing link is 0-6 moves, but your example is 59 moves long (52 with cancellations).
Here are three ways to do better (in spoiler).
For this reason, I asked you about the following if you complete the right block with R' U R U2 R2 U' R' U' R, if possible.

Also, I suggest you come back with half a dozen of good examples (and include them in the documentation).

I repeat, great work and nice documentation. Congrats.

ZZ-A = 41 HTM
R D B R D2 F'
U R' U' L2 U' L2 U' R' L2 U2 L'
R' U R U2 R2 U' R' U' R
U R U R2 U' R2 U' R2 U2 R U' R U' R' U2
Last 24 moves in <R,U>

ZZ + COLL + EPLL = 48 HTM (3 moves could be cancelled)
R D B R D2 F'
R' U R U2 R2 U'
R' U R U R' U R2 U2 R' U' R U' R' (back AntiSune + Front AntiSune = COLL T)
R U' R U R U R U' R' U' R2 U2 (PLL U)
Last 31 moves in <R,U>

ZZ + OLL + PLL = 48 HTM
R D B R D2 F'
R' U R U2 R2 U' R' U' R
U r U R' U' r' F R F' (OLL T)
R2 u' R U' R U R' u R2 y R U' R' U' (PLL G)