Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread approval

WCA Profile
    2011REED01
    YouTube
    CubeKick

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
    This idea has come up before, and it was generally accepted that there aren't enough mods for this.

How many are there approximately?

Maybe we could consider just certain sections of the forum being moderated thread-wise. For example, the Constructive Speedcubing Discussion section.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirjava View Post
    We wouldn't have to worry about deleting them ASAP if you kids stopped posting in the damn things when they cropped up.
    There's the other thing I was just thinking about.
    [Thinks about solution]
    Είμαι λέφτερος.

WCA Profile
    2011LUEV01
    YouTube
    insane569

Great idea. I was awake when the chicken thing happened and had my fun with it. The threads are started by newb users who dont learn their lesson after the first useless thread. Flyingfingers seems to be the most recent one. And i will admit that everytime i see one of his threads i click it to see if its worth spamming just because his threads are useless. But usually their closed already. This topic has been discussed many times and nothing gets done.
    Why you reading this bro?

WCA Profile
    2011HORI01

Quote Originally Posted by AustinReed View Post
    How many are there approximately?
    http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showgroups.php

Andrew doesn't really count because I don't think he can give infractions and stuff.
    1 | 5 | 12 | 100 - 6.78 | 10.21 | 11.11 | 11.98
    07:35:01 < eddie> dude that 7 year old is so annoying

WCA Profile
    2011REED01
    YouTube
    CubeKick

Quote Originally Posted by insane569 View Post
    Great idea. I was awake when the chicken thing happened and had my fun with it. The threads are started by newb users who dont learn their lesson after the first useless thread. Flyingfingers seems to be the most recent one. And i will admit that everytime i see one of his threads i click it to see if its worth spamming just because his threads are useless. But usually their closed already. This topic has been discussed many times and nothing gets done.
    About spamming: No. Absolutely not.

Like people said, not enough mods.
    Είμαι λέφτερος.

statue
    WCA Profile
    2008KORI02
    YouTube
    StachuK1992

You assume too much or are poorly informed.

Also, stay on topic. If you think we don't like you, then we probably don't.

Your "fun with it" was one of the reasons why it didn't die and fall off the front page. Thanks a lot for that.
    i don't cube any more

WCA Profile
    2011LUEV01
    YouTube
    insane569

There should be a limit to the threads you can make in a given time frame.
    Like one a week in a certain sub section.
    Last edited by StachuK1992; 01-06-2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: removing quote - no content removed

WCA Profile
    2009MAHO01
    YouTube
    jak343434

I dont think all new threads should be moderated, only the ones by new and trouble making users. As Austin said there are not enough mods and most especially between the hours of 10 PM to 6 AM EST. I am on the forums constantly and am always on from 11 PM to 2 AM and sometimes longer. During the school days I check the forums occasionally when I am in a wifi area of the school.

I am not asking to be a mod but there does need to be more of them.
    I <3 one of you on here.

WCA Profile
    2011REED01
    YouTube
    CubeKick

Sorry english is my second language.
    There should be a limit to the threads you can make in a given time frame.
    Like one a week in a certain sub section.
    I think one a week would be a little harsh. I would prefer one every 1-5 hours instead.
    Είμαι λέφτερος.

WCA Profile
    2011LUEV01
    YouTube
    insane569

Quote Originally Posted by emolover View Post
    I dont think all new threads should be moderated, only the ones by new and trouble making users. As Austin said there are not enough mods and most especially between the hours of 10 PM to 6 AM EST. I am on the forums constantly and am always on from 11 PM to 2 AM and sometimes longer. During the school days I check the forums occasionally when I am in a wifi area of the school.

I am not asking to be a mod but there does need to be more of them.
    They should work out a time schedule. Have mods on as long as possible and have very small sections of time when their off. But this means more mods....