• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Sub-20 with 20 different methods

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Uh yeah this afternoon (and did a few in the evening a minute ago) I challenged myself to see how many methods I could sub-20 with, inspired by Thom's video but giving myself less time to do it.

I was actually planning on doing 21 but I did struggle with HTA and that's the only other I could think of. Oh and L2L4 but I don't know the algs. So yeah... Here goes, tell me what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarahjdes

Woah, I didn't even know that all those methods existed. I'll google them, see if there's anything I can learn once I master Roux :D I love this period of time where you are trying to learn something new, eheh!

jaywong88

wow..so cool man..
when you learn or transfer into another methods, how long did you have to learn the algorithm??

JasonK

Premium Member
WCA
2011KILB01
Jeeeeeeesus you improve quickly... That's seriously impressive :eek:

Kirjava in his 20 methods thread said:
As far as I know, no one else is capable of anything close to this - at least with this range of methods. I looked on the speedcubing.com record list archive and it said Ravi Fernando could do 13 methods in under 3 mins. I think with 3 mins I could keep making up enough methods to reach 100 :p
Lol owned

cubernya

Premium Member
No point, just showing that substeps generally allow it to be considered a different method if it's big enough of a change

Specs112

WCA
2011ANDE03

JonnyWhoopes

Premium Member
WCA
2011GRAY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
No point, just showing that substeps generally allow it to be considered a different method if it's big enough of a change

That sounds like a point to me. =)

One of my pet peeves is when people leave what they meant for the mind readers.

Seriously though, does somebody want to put up a text list of the methods used? It's easier for me to read a quick list of methods rather than skip through a video just to know what he used.