• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

WCA Statistics Website

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm afraid that my laptop won't let me install MySQL, so I can't help much with query writing. I have 2 requests for statistics though.

1. Identical to the sum of single/average ranks lists on the WCA website, but covering more than the top ten. I guess if it doesn't take too long to run it for everybody that would be good, but otherwise I'd like to see a top 100 list.

2. Sum of single/average ranks for each country (i.e. add the world rankings of the NR holders for each event). Add 1 to the last place in the rankings as usual if the country doesn't have a result in an event.

Thanks in advance!

Henrik

WCA
2006BUUS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Could someone explain me how to understand the "most records" statistics.

I see that is counts all WRs for the person in a specific event, or all events, but why does Feliks not have any NRs in 3x3? since his WRs are Australian NR why does that not sum up.

What about the persons with many NRs but few or no WR/CRs ? Why does that not show.
I show once in the "most record" page under Magic results it gives me one avg CR and one single NR.
Is that maybe how its counted? In that WR/CR was both single and avg WR/CR? If not, what was the other? "Only" NR?

I would also like to see who set most NRs, since that is also records, and "most records" would also contain NRs I think.

(I know I have 206 NRs one of them an ER)

macky

Premium Member
WCA
2003MAKI01
e.g. 'CR' counts continental records that are not world records. Note that counting this way or by "summing up" doesn't change the ranking.

What about the persons with many NRs but few or no WR/CRs ? Why does that not show.
That was an error. Thanks for the catch. It should be fixed now.

(Hi Henrik!)

Names with highest consonant/vowel ratio
Code:
Rank	Person			Citizen of	 	Ratio		Consonant	Vowel
1	Ng Tsz Chun (吳子俊)	Hong Kong	 	8.0000		8		1	 
2	KT Trask		USA		 	6.0000		6		1	 
3	J.J. Tang		China		 	5.0000		5		1	 
 	Chen Lv (吕宸)		China		 	5.0000		5		1	 
 	JD Nutt			USA		 	5.0000		5		1

Last edited:

squilliams

WCA
2011TYAS01
My name doesn't appear on Best Magicers without Master Magic result. I have a 1.19 magic single and still haven't solve mastermagic on official competition.

woony

that's interesting.
If you are looking for some queries I can easily write, whatever result you would like. I kind of do this for a living :p or atleast part of my job :)

Zane_C

Premium Member
WCA
2010CARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
that's interesting.
If you are looking for some queries I can easily write, whatever result you would like. I kind of do this for a living :p or atleast part of my job :)
Awesome, there's a thread devoted to odd WCA stats, you might like to keep an eye on it. I'm surprised it has remained dormant for a week, normally it's quite active. Stefan is usually the first to attain requested stats, he probably wouldn't mind some help. :cool:

woony

Awesome, there's a thread devoted to odd WCA stats, you might like to keep an eye on it. I'm surprised it has remained dormant for a week, normally it's quite active. Stefan is usually the first to attain requested stats, he probably wouldn't mind some help. :cool:

k cool, I'll keep an eye on it :)I'll install the db tonight.

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

macky

Premium Member
WCA
2003MAKI01
For future reference, you can get a GitHub account and submit bug reports here.

Fixed, thanks.

Also, my stats are divided by Brooks and Searle. I don't really care all that much, but it would be nice if this was fixed. I also seem to be showing up under the last name Searle instead of Brooks in most of the statistics.

I'll try to figure this out.

It would be kind of fun to be able to order by silver or bronze (even if it's somewhat nonsensical) - I think I'd probably rank pretty high ordered by silver. (I'm good at coming in second place at 3x3x3 BLD. :))

Done. The choices are now
code said:
function medal_str() {
$order = $_GET['order'];
switch($order) {
case 'total':
return "total DESC, gold DESC, silver DESC";
break;
case 'silver':
return "silver DESC, gold DESC, bronze DESC";
break;
case 'bronze':
return "bronze DESC, gold DESC, silver DESC";
break;
default: // this includes 'gold'
return "gold DESC, silver DESC, bronze DESC";
}
}
Feel free to suggest finer options.

An explanation of the multi-BLD result is here. I'll work on getting this displayed like on the WCA results pages.

Last edited:

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
It would be kind of fun to be able to order by silver or bronze (even if it's somewhat nonsensical) - I think I'd probably rank pretty high ordered by silver. (I'm good at coming in second place at 3x3x3 BLD. :))
Done.

Thanks. That revealed an interesting result: Congratulations to Kian Berry, who appears to have the most medals (28) without a single gold! :) Nick Pappas is close behind with 27. (And my daughter Rebecca is probably in the top 10, with 14!)

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks. That revealed an interesting result: Congratulations to Kian Berry, who appears to have the most medals (28) without a single gold! :) Nick Pappas is close behind with 27. (And my daughter Rebecca is probably in the top 10, with 14!)

Yes, I figured I had that wonderful distinction. It's a running joke in the northeast. Thanks to Rowe and Dan for making sure I never win anything.

EDIT: Not sure if this is updated as of last weekend but if not I extended this lead by coming in 3rd at OH behind, guess who, Rowe and Dan.

Last edited: