• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sydney Autumn 2012

When could you attend a Sydney competition around Easter in 2012?

• Total voters

megaminxwin

Current Clock NR Holder
WCA
2010MACA01
Wow, we have 46 competitors so far, with 13 1/2 hours to go.

This is Australia's biggest competition yet.

And it's in Sydney. And there's 7 people not from Australia, one of them being Edouard Chambon for god's sake... wow.

SEE MELBOURNE WE CAN HOST COMPETITIONS AS WELL

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No you don't have a delegate, and at this stage there is no need for one. Sydney is welcome to "prove itself worthy" of getting a delegate, so to speak, but first the community needs to step up and take more control of organising competitions, and a particular individual needs to show themselves trustworthy and valuable enough to the community to become a delegate.

But well done getting 46 people registered, now let's see how many show up.

WCA
2011AZZO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No you don't have a delegate, and at this stage there is no need for one. Sydney is welcome to "prove itself worthy" of getting a delegate, so to speak, but first the community needs to step up and take more control of organising competitions, and a particular individual needs to show themselves trustworthy and valuable enough to the community to become a delegate.

But well done getting 46 people registered, now let's see how many show up.

well Tim MC is letting me hold a comp in the middle of july in newcastle so we are having more comps planned i guess

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
well Tim MC is letting me hold a comp in the middle of july in newcastle so we are having more comps planned i guess

Yeah, Dene was just confirming what "Cube Equation" pointed out, that there's no WCA delegate in Sydney.

In the case of Perth, I nominated Michael Taran as a WCA delegate due to his standing in the community (and the cost of flying/staying there). He'll essentially become a delegate after another competition or two.

A WCA delegate isn't really required in NSW until the demand for competitions increases (by organisers in NSW actively proposing competitions with equipment, venue etc). I'm happy to fly up 2-3 times a year at my own expense but any more than that and I'd have to ask that some of the flight/accommodation costs be factored into registration by the organisers (or nominate a delegate in NSW).

So yeah, if cubers get together more often and propose competitions (venue, equipment, competitors ready) then speedcubing would naturally expand across Australia. :)

Tim.

pkvk9122

Will anyone be selling cubes on the day? I just broke my 3rd 4x4x4 and now have none to compete with, and no real way of purchasing another.

Hi! i will be selling 4x4's for $20 its a shengshou btw... but I only have white... sorry
I will also be selling 3x3... Zhanchi for $15... I have both colours

pkvk9122

aznboii124

WCA
2010DINH01
Anybody going that has a spare Dayan zhanchi? black preferably and in new condition, I'll be willing to pay the original store price+50% of the original store price.

pkvk9122

$20? I'll go for 15.....

wai what!? did i type 20???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
supposed to be the same as 3x3... maybe i thought u were asking for the 5x5 xD sorry lol, yeah 15 for SS 4x4

pkvk9122