View Poll Results: When could you attend a Sydney competition around Easter in 2012?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • March 24

    13 31.71%
  • March 31

    11 26.83%
  • April 7

    15 36.59%
  • April 14

    23 56.10%
  • April 21

    23 56.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 483

Thread: Sydney Autumn 2012

  1. #281
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    WCA Profile
    2004CHAM01
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Hi
    I will be staying in Sydney probably from Thursday to Sunday.

    Thanks

  2. #282
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Wow, we have 46 competitors so far, with 13 1/2 hours to go.

    This is Australia's biggest competition yet.

  3. #283
    Member megaminxwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    WCA Profile
    2010MACA01
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damien Porter View Post
    Wow, we have 46 competitors so far, with 13 1/2 hours to go.

    This is Australia's biggest competition yet.
    And it's in Sydney. And there's 7 people not from Australia, one of them being Edouard Chambon for god's sake... wow.

    SEE MELBOURNE WE CAN HOST COMPETITIONS AS WELL

  4. #284
    Member fazdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    YouTube
    fazdad1
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megaminxwin View Post
    And it's in Sydney. And there's 7 people not from Australia, one of them being Edouard Chambon for god's sake... wow.

    SEE MELBOURNE WE CAN HOST COMPETITIONS AS WELL
    You are most welcome to host as many competitions as you like. As long as you can organise a suitable venue, equipment and a WCA delegate then go for it!
    eat your vegetables and brush your teeth...

  5. #285
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    WCA Profile
    2012TAMK01
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fazdad View Post
    You are most welcome to host as many competitions as you like. As long as you can organise a suitable venue, equipment and a WCA delegate then go for it!
    We don't have a delegate, right?

  6. #286
    Premium Member Dene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    WCA Profile
    2009BEAR01
    YouTube
    masterNZ
    Posts
    6,125

    Default

    No you don't have a delegate, and at this stage there is no need for one. Sydney is welcome to "prove itself worthy" of getting a delegate, so to speak, but first the community needs to step up and take more control of organising competitions, and a particular individual needs to show themselves trustworthy and valuable enough to the community to become a delegate.

    But well done getting 46 people registered, now let's see how many show up.
    (11:03:38 AM) Dene: killermanp0: btw do you know what "EG" stands for?
    (11:04:28 AM) killermanp0: yeah
    (11:04:34 AM) killermanp0: Erik and Guimmoind

  7. #287
    Member pkvk9122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dene View Post
    But well done getting 46 people registered, now let's see how many show up.
    lol, indeed xD

    pkvk9122
    Never give up, and you'll win! =P

  8. #288
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    north of sydney
    WCA Profile
    2011AZZO01
    YouTube
    cuberbryson06
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dene View Post
    No you don't have a delegate, and at this stage there is no need for one. Sydney is welcome to "prove itself worthy" of getting a delegate, so to speak, but first the community needs to step up and take more control of organising competitions, and a particular individual needs to show themselves trustworthy and valuable enough to the community to become a delegate.

    But well done getting 46 people registered, now let's see how many show up.
    well Tim MC is letting me hold a comp in the middle of july in newcastle so we are having more comps planned i guess

  9. #289
    Premium Member TimMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    WCA Profile
    2009MCMA01
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bryson azzopard View Post
    well Tim MC is letting me hold a comp in the middle of july in newcastle so we are having more comps planned i guess
    Yeah, Dene was just confirming what "Cube Equation" pointed out, that there's no WCA delegate in Sydney.

    In the case of Perth, I nominated Michael Taran as a WCA delegate due to his standing in the community (and the cost of flying/staying there). He'll essentially become a delegate after another competition or two.

    A WCA delegate isn't really required in NSW until the demand for competitions increases (by organisers in NSW actively proposing competitions with equipment, venue etc). I'm happy to fly up 2-3 times a year at my own expense but any more than that and I'd have to ask that some of the flight/accommodation costs be factored into registration by the organisers (or nominate a delegate in NSW).

    So yeah, if cubers get together more often and propose competitions (venue, equipment, competitors ready) then speedcubing would naturally expand across Australia. :-)

    Tim.

  10. #290
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Will anyone be selling cubes on the day? I just broke my 3rd 4x4x4 and now have none to compete with, and no real way of purchasing another.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •