• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Signature Format?

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, this is brilliant, it is exactly what I wanted when I first did mine. Being able to have a basic chart would be awesome.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
It sounds good, but I'm not sure if the signature is the place for it. I can probably create a field in your profile to store your times, would that be sufficient?

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It sounds good, but I'm not sure if the signature is the place for it. I can probably create a field in your profile to store your times, would that be sufficient?

Oh, yes, this is a much better idea! Wow I must be having massive blanks today. A space in the profile would be perfect, then I can use my signature space for cool quotes, and other signature like stuff!! OP!!!!!!!!

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If those profile fields would be shown in the box on the left of a message and I wouldn't be able to disable it like I can disable signatures, then I don't like it.

genwin

and maybe those with a WCA profile(with ranking as part of sig) and/or a youtube channel should be displayed as part of his signatures or something(i know stefan, nakajima and harris chan because of their username),... searching for "good" cubing videos is a pain on youtube... i'm sure beginners will always get that "wow" factor watching and knowing the best..

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Your WCA Profile, if available, is now displayed under your avatar, so people will be able to see your times, competitions, etc. by that. Check out the announcement here. People who don't have a WCA Profile can use their sig to put their times down if they want, or make a website and link to the website.

genwin

and maybe include youtube channels related to cubing aside from the WCA profile... thanks

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What about a chart in our profiles for our best times? I'm still using a spreadsheet which I always foregt to update (luckily I get all my 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 times on cubemania, but for the rest I lose track of my best times).