• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Topic suggestions for the private forum

adragast

Among people who cannot post in the private forum some may have some topic suggestions for the private forum. If this is your case, please post your suggestion here (optionally with the reason to treat it in the private forum) and let's hope someone from there will like the idea and create a thread there.

Adragast

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
We need to have notation that everyone agrees to. It takes me a long time to switch between people who write Rw instead of r and stuff.

There should be a thread for new cubers to read so they know what's going on.

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Never link posts by page - always by post #.
To do so, just go to the very right of where it says "n minutes ago" or whatever and right click the "#n" and copy link address. :)

Perhaps a form of application could be "give us a post or thread idea which would be an example of why you should be part of this group"?

adragast

To do so, just go to the very right of where it says "n minutes ago" or whatever and right click the "#n" and copy link address. :)
Thanks for the tip, I have edited the link in my post

Perhaps a form of application could be "give us a post or thread idea which would be an example of why you should be part of this group"?
No, no, the aim is not to try to get into this group, it is for people who are not part of it (for example, they don't think they can contribute enough to it) but would like to see a particular topic there.

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I like this idea :D (because I feel like I could post, posts that add to the quality of the threads, but I havnt done much for the community)

adragast

One topic I would like to see in the private forum is:
- Future of competitive speedsolving – big competitions time limits

As our community is growing and as some events are/may be added, the problem of time limits may get bigger and bigger. There are several ways to deal with it, for example:
- organize big competitions on a longer time frame (4 days ? one week ?)
- give up some events (mbf ? big cubes bf ? feet ? 7x7 ?)
- enforce stronger time limits (original limit A of WC2011 ?)
- limit number of events people can participate in (2-3 ?)
- have some events run in parallel
- limit the number of participants (world championship only with people who qualified via nationals, topXXX people only, first to register...)

Is there any "best" option ? Should we use a combination of those ? Other alternatives ? Should the people organizing the event decide themselves (if for example, organizers of the European championship decide they don't have time to organize 5x5 bf will it be ok for everyone ?) ? Should the WCA decide... ?

The reason I would like this topic to be discussed in the private forum is that it is a bit sensitive (reminds me of the "what events should be removed" thread).