• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What do you think of this puzzle?

• Excellent

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Above Average

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Average

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Below Average

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

Tall5001

Premium Member
WCA
2011METZ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This thread is for reviews of the LingYun 3x3x3 Version 2. You can vote in the poll above, but please only vote if you own this particular puzzle.

When posting your review, please follow a template similar to this:

• Where the puzzle was purchased:
  • When the puzzle was purchased:
  • Thoughts on the puzzle:
What are your thoughts of this puzzle? Please vote one of the options above - but please only vote if you own and have used this puzzle extensively!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[youtubehd]oCEJTzT61fg[/youtubehd]

Time Stamps:
Unboxing 00:05
Intro: 03:45
Size Comparison: 4:42
Turning: 5:15
Corner Cutting: 6:16
Sticker Quality: 7:22
Pieces and Disassembly: 8:10
Pops and Lockups: 12:34
Speed: 13:32
Recommendations: 14:43
After Thoughts: 16:00
Conclusion: 17:02
Solves: 17:45

You can get this cube at speedcubeshop follow the link:
http://bit.ly/rmP9dB or http://bit.ly/n3wdDY

Average: 1760

1-5 - 16.05 18.63 18.11 (21.46) (15.80)

1. 16.05 R2 D R2 D' L2 F2 L' F2 D' F2 D L2 D2 L' D U' B' U2
2. 18.63 D' B2 D U2 B F U' L2 D' U F2 R' D R' U L R2
3. 18.11 B L' D' B' D' U' L' U' F U' L R U' F2 D' B' D' U2
4. 21.46 L2 D F2 L2 B R B F' R U2 R2 B2 F U' F' U' B2 R'
5. 15.80 D F D' U R D2 B2 R' F D U2 L R D2 L B2 R U'

Hopefully this answers all your questions. If you have any questions dont hesitate to leave them below.

Hope you enjoy. If you have questions feel free to ask them. If it is to long and you didnt watch it i dont care dont bother leaving a response! Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hershey

I have a Lingyun 2, and I was wondering if lubing it will make it uncontrollable?

Tall5001

Premium Member
WCA
2011METZ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just to let everyone know i had to reupload this video so if you commented on the last on please comment again on this one. It wasnt appearing in the subscription box so i though a re-upload would be best. the last version is now unlisted. but check it out if you havent seen it and if you have watch it again that would be super awesome! Thanks everyone!

iKoreanCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
[Video] First Lubix Lingyun V2 Review On Youtube!

Hi guys, i just purchased the Lubix Lingyun V2 and i made a review about it. This is the first to come out on youtube, so please check it out! Thanks!

[youtubehd]tQs7B-qebLk[/youtubehd]

yockee

YouTube
Visit Channel
You really should compare this to the Ling Yun V1. They are the exact same, except for a few VERY SMALL differences, and I have no idea why they feel so completely different from each other. The Ling Yun 2 is so good, I can't imagine a better cube.

jetcuber

DaYan LingYun 3x3x3 Version 2 [Review]

This thread is for reviews of the DaYan LingYun 3x3x3 Version 2. You can vote in the poll above, but please only vote if you own this particular puzzle.

When posting your review, please follow a template similar to this:

• Where the puzzle was purchased:
  • When the puzzle was purchased:
  • Thoughts on the puzzle:
What are your thoughts of this puzzle? Please vote one of the options above - but please only vote if you own and have used this puzzle extensively!

scrubofcubes

Where it was purchased: Friend gave it to me
When: February 16
Thoughts: This is the only non-rubik's i own so it was very impressive. I need to lube it as it is not as fast as I would like. However, it is extremely fast for an unlubed cube.

mightysaur

Where: Ebay
When Jan
Thoughts: better than my previous cube and fast without being lubed(haven't done it yet)

andyzhangdayu

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
From 51morefun;
October last year;
Excellent cube ever!!! Even faster than Zhanchi but hard to control. It's not the problem of Lingyun II itself, it's because I am not fast enough, so Zhanchi is more suitable for me!
Best OH cube as well.
I have three of them with different tension adjustment and different color stickers. They are all great with different feeling when turning.

ZincK_NOVA

WCA
2011OCON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When: Mid-January 2012
Thoughts: So far, this is the "fastest" (by that, I mean it takes the least effort to turn) cube I have ever tried (with the exception of an eastsheen 5x5 but that doesn't really count). I can't comment on how easy it is to control because I have greyscale stickers on mine and my recognition is awful with them, so I don't have a very fast F2B/F2L. The only negative I can think of for this cube is the screw length: for mine at least, they were too long (I've screwed each center the entire way in and it still feels fairly loose). I don't mind Its current tension (I'd say it's just right) but for someone who maybe doesn't want torpedoes, they may also want shorter screws (of course personal preference etc.).