• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

FMC is reopening!!

mrCage

Hi :)

As some of you may have seen, Dan Harris is no more running his FMC Challenge. He asked for volunteers to bring it further into the future.

So I am designing a new version of FMC right now. There is not much there yet - but i have released a scramble nonetheless. Proper registration/submission and results will be developed during this week. The system will be fully automated and run without any administration. No need to feed it with manual scrambles. For the time being im using the official WCA scrambler and a length of 25 turns (htm). I may change this to use my own PHP scrambler and length 30 at a later stage :)

Check it out here.

- Per

Jason

WCA
2008GYAN01
I was under the impression that we had a whole week to solve Dan Harris's Fewest Moves Challenge. I see on you website that we only have an hour

mrCage

Hi Everyone ....

Im still working on the layout. There will be 3 different formats available.

Classic - "unlimited" time (ie one whole week)
Official - 1 hr solving where most of the WCA regulations apply
Speed - 10 minutes linear solving, no taking back moves or restart allowed

I am still wondering if i gonna provide 3 separate scrambles for this. Or just let participants solve in the appropriate order: speed > official > classic.

Any opinions as to which option is best??

- Per

guusrs

WCA
1982RAZO01
Hi Everyone ....

Im still working on the layout. There will be 3 different formats available.

Classic - "unlimited" time (ie one whole week)
Official - 1 hr solving where most of the WCA regulations apply
Speed - 10 minutes linear solving, no taking back moves or restart allowed

I am still wondering if i gonna provide 3 separate scrambles for this. Or just let participants solve in the appropriate order: speed > official > classic.

Any opinions as to which option is best??

- Per

Hi Per,

I would say provide a separate scramble for 10min linear solve to prevent advantage for the 1hour solvers (or disadvantage if that 10 minutes is part o the 1hour. Scrambles for 1hour and unlimited time could be the same without problems.

Gus