• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hardware Area lag

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey so in the past week or so my browser (Opera 11.50) has started lagging whenever I go to the Hardware Area. The lag lasts for a few seconds, and my Opera even says "Not Responding" if I keep clicking, although that usually lasts for less than a second before it rights itself.

I haven't changed anything that I am aware of. I figure it's either something that has been changed on this site itself or maybe there are just too many threads in the Hardware Area XD

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Do you have your settings to display tons of posts/threads per page? If so, change it to a lower number and see if that resolves it. Does it only happen in the Hardware area?

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you have your settings to display tons of posts/threads per page? If so, change it to a lower number and see if that resolves it. Does it only happen in the Hardware area?

I use the forum default for threads per page.

Yes it only happens when I go to the Hardware area

MovingOnUp

WCA
2011UNKR01
I'm having problems with the site too except not exactly like that. The IRC chat room doesn't work for me on this site. I actually have to load up irc.freenode.net to get it to work, which is disappointing because it means I never get on anymore. I use the latest version of internet explorer, however.

Clayy9

The IRC chat room doesn't work for me on this site. I actually have to load up irc.freenode.net to get it to work, which is disappointing because it means I never get on anymore. I use the latest version of internet explorer, however.

I can confirm this on IE.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When did this start happening? Does it only happen with that browser?

It started *I think* within the past 2 weeks, although it may go back as far as 4-6 weeks.

I tried Chrome and IE (urghhhhhh) and neither of them had the problem.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I'm having problems with the site too except not exactly like that. The IRC chat room doesn't work for me on this site. I actually have to load up irc.freenode.net to get it to work, which is disappointing because it means I never get on anymore. I use the latest version of internet explorer, however.
When did it start happening? What error do you get when to go to the chatroom here? That page is simply an iframe of the IRC, so if the error is within the iframe, it is likely an IRC issue with IE.

It started *I think* within the past 2 weeks, although it may go back as far as 4-6 weeks.

I tried Chrome and IE (urghhhhhh) and neither of them had the problem.
So it is a browser issue. I'm unsure why it would happen in the Hardware area only. I have heard of sites having weird issues like this with Opera. Can you load the second page of the Hardware area? Can you load specific threads in the Hardware area?

Clayy9

This is the only thing that appears.

Chatroom.png

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So it is a browser issue. I'm unsure why it would happen in the Hardware area only. I have heard of sites having weird issues like this with Opera. Can you load the second page of the Hardware area? Can you load specific threads in the Hardware area?

Well it loads, it just freezes the browser for a few seconds. The second page was fine when I tried. Buy/sell/trade section was fine going through hardware area, and opening threads in both was fine.

Clayy9

webchat.freenode.net is working, SS's in still not working. Earlier, I let it sit for about an hour, but it didn't load. I guess I'm missing something here.

MovingOnUp

WCA
2011UNKR01
webchat.freenode.net is working, SS's in still not working. Earlier, I let it sit for about an hour, but it didn't load. I guess I'm missing something here.

lol its the same for me yet again. irc.freenode.net works too but not speedsolving which was way more convenient because it used to work