• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

jjTimer (Android timer)

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Announcing the first real release of my android timer app: jjTimer!

It has scramblers for 2-7, Sq-1, Clock and Pyraminx. (Megaminx should be coming soon)

It has support for sessions, and keeps track of your averages (obviously).

Some of you have been using this already, but this release has a major update to the UI.

You can view it here: jjTimer, or search for jjTimer on the android market!

E-mail me at [email protected] or write comments here on any problems, or feature requests you have.

Selkie

Premium Member
WCA
2011WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Already using it Joey and really like it, it also renders really well on HD screens as well, something SpeedCubeTimer doesn't.

As for feature requests, Ao12 to go with Ao5 would make it perfect. Showing current and best Ao's without scrolling the menu would be good but by no means essential.

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It already has Current/Best average of 12.
It says "current 5: x.xx 12: x.xx". Maybe you missed it?

In the next version I am going to put in the ability to see averages on the same screen as the timer.

(Also, judging from what you said, you need to get the latest upgrade I just pushed out)

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Apologies Joey, you are completely right about the Ao12. Strangely Market didn't show an update available but uninstall and re install did the trick.
I thought about having 5/12 on two lines, but it seems to take up too much room.
Hm, I think market is having problems at the moment, but it should be fine soon, I hope.

Esh Soref

WOW!! This timer is really good! The best I have found for android. Thank you for sharing this.
I just wonder if you can add more categories like BLD, OH etc...

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just downloaded it. I like the simplicity, but I think it needs an inspection timer
I'll make sure this is in the next update, completely forgot about that!

And I think you should make the timer page a little more eye friendly like add a pic or something. These are just suggestions of course.
I'd like to keep it as simple as possible, so I probably won't do something like this.

chicken9290

Banned
thx. i really wanted to buy the droid 2 but i was having second thoughts since it was not compatible with iitimer. but since you made this that doesnt have to be a deciding factor of which type of phone i get

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just downloaded it. I like the simplicity, but I think it needs an inspection timer
I just released an update that adds WCA style inspection.

I also added the ability to show the current/best averages on the main timer screen, and to be able to change the timer running type.

Find the preferences in sessions -> preferences.

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just released an update that adds WCA style inspection.

I also added the ability to show the current/best averages on the main timer screen, and to be able to change the timer running type.

Find the preferences in sessions -> preferences.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
I've been using this since before it was in the market! :p
Loving it, the 2 things I wanted to make the timer perfect at the start, haven't yet been implemented, but it's early days :)
(I wanted the option to input times manually, and to have current a5/a12 on the timing screen.