• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Help making VH Algorithms

Jorghi

But the thing is, there are no VH algorithms online anywhere. So I would have to guess and check to find the possible cases? Unless I'm missing something.

Jorghi

Here is how I want all the cases to be set up like.

34064746.png

Ignoring the edges/corners.

So only the First Two Layers(Ignoring the empty slot) and that F2L pair in that position.

Is it possible with Cube Explorer?

Jorghi

I want to Orient all the top layer pieces :D I want R and U!

It said "The definition of the facelet colors is incomplete!" when I tried to gray out other pieces.

Last edited:

Jorghi

I'm not only trying to solve that 1 case. The problem is I can't find the other unknown cases......!

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The jmbaum link you showed us has the VH cases, it's the first set of algorithms...you have 4 different groups, click the image for each one, and those are all the cases.

CUB3R01

I think this site might be helpful... hopefully...
http://f2l.net46.net/index.html
Translate it and then look under the 2ndslotEoalgs section. Unless im mistaken, VH orients last layer edges while inserting the final f2l pair. These algorithms will orient the edges while inserting the 2nd f2l pair, allowing for the final two f2l pairs to be solved completely 2-gen. This seems a lot more useful than VH.
EDIT: actually I do not think you have to translate it :p

Last edited:

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You should read more about what VH is instead of being upset all it does is "orient edges," that's the purpose of it. If you want to learn OCLL during the last F2L pair, look for F2LL variations, such as Winter Variation. You might look into MGLS if you're wanting a friendlier LL.

Orienting the last layer isn't always efficient during the last F2L pair, so you're better off just doing it when the opportunity arises instead of always forcing is.

Selkie

Premium Member
WCA
2011WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
VHF2L will not increase your speed overall on 3x3. Instead of 41 cases of ZBF2L it is a subset with only 4 F2L cases covered. Consequently if you have to make one of the 4 cases then execute that case it leads to a long winded 4th slot. I do not know all the cases but to be honest I only use it when I do have one of the 4 cases straight off or I can easily force one of the 4 cases slotting pair 3. On 3x3 you really need COLL with it to be any use and even then at best you are gambling for a 1 in 12 PLL skip instead of 1 in 72 or forcing an edges PLL which are generally faster.

VHF2L in my opinion is far better for bigger cubes where there are physical turning advantages to being able to 2 gen more of the LL.

If I were you I would concentrate on normal F2L and get it so you can BLD any pair, until then you will not see the benefits of look ahead.

Just my 2 cents :)

EDIT: If you really want to learn it at this stage, all the basic and additional recommended VHF2L algs are available on this pdf http://nomiswanson.fileave.com/VHF2L.Algorithms.pdf

Last edited: